View Full Version : Orange World

Ben
2nd April 2005, 01:01 PM
Hi,

Has anyone else been having problems with Orange World over the past few days? I can connect to external sites like BBC Mobile, but if I try and connect to Orange World itself I just get an error message and then a disconnection. It's been going on for a few days now so I sincerely doubt it's a nationwide problem, but how my Z1010 can browse external sites and not internal ones is a little beyond me!

Martin3G
2nd April 2005, 10:05 PM
I've just tried this on a Z1010 I suspect the problem is with Orange World detecting the user via APN orangeinternet.

Have you tried using APN orangewap to connect to Orange World instead.

In Data Communications, Data accounts
Account=Orange WAP
APN: orangewap

In Internet Settings, Internet profiles:
Connects using: Orange WAP
Internet mode: HTTP
Use proxy: Yes
Proxy: 192.168.71.35
Port 8080

This worked OK for me :)

Ben
2nd April 2005, 10:09 PM
Will give it a go. Thanks! Will report back in a bit.

Ben
2nd April 2005, 10:36 PM
mhmm will try somewhere with better signal and report back in the morning, it's not connecting at all right now...

3g-g
3rd April 2005, 01:06 PM
I was having problems with Orange.mumtimedia, getting internal server errors, however on the wap.orange.co.uk site everything was working fine, video clips coming through no problem.

Ben
4th April 2005, 03:41 PM
Problem fixed. Previously I used Orange GPRS for everything, but after being sent new settings I have a new profile called Orange GPRS WAP. Thankfully Orange World now works again :)

Of course, it wasn't as simple as just sending the settings out - a customary removal-of-battery-while-phone-is-on procedure was also necessary!

Straight through to 350, spoke to a really competent and upbeat chap. There's never any excuse for having these kind of problems in the first place, but it makes things a lot easier when there's good CS to back them up.

Martin3G
6th April 2005, 06:39 PM
Good to see you got it sorted Ben :cool:

I'd thought I'd post the full settings just in case anyone is waiting for the OTA settings from Orange and might want to try it to enter them manually :)

Connectivity
Data communication
Data Accounts
Create a new account called 'Orange GPRS WAP' if required
Highlight the account and select Edit

APN=orangewap
Username=None
Password=None
Password request=Off
Allow calls=Automatic
IP Address=None
DNS address=None
Authenticate=Normal
Data compression=Off
Header compression=Off

Connectivity
Internet Settings
Internet profiles
Create a new profile if required
Highlight the account
Select More
Select Settings

Connect using=Orange GPRS WAP
Internet mode=Http
use proxy=Yes
IP address=192.168.71.35
Port number=8080
Username=None
Password=None

You also have the option of setting the Connectivity-Streamings Setting to APN orangewap

Ben
6th April 2005, 06:47 PM
Fantastic, now my streaming works again too! Martin3G++ Thank you :D

If you want to post that info somewhere in a separate thread I'd gladly make it into a sticky.