View Full Version : Discredited LG U-8120 £69 in Superdrug

3GScottishUser
4th July 2005, 12:02 AM
Yep.... well they had to get rid of them somehow.

The Three Points in Superdrug are punting the former Watchdog 'star' as a ThreePay handset at £69.99 including £15 worth of credit.

It probably has been software upgarded and at the price looks good value with all the spec etc.

Can the price tempt you???

Hmmmmm.....

Hands0n
23rd July 2005, 10:24 PM
They are actually quite good if the software is up to the latest and greatest. "Quite good" being an entirely relative term.

I think that the U81xx series are quite basic by comparison with other similarly priced handsets - no Bluetooth, VGA Camera, Limited and non-expandable memory. And the range was almost evolved into the current model with nothing more than small detail changes between the models - talk about milking it!!

I'd buy one brand new at £69.99 - considering that on eBay they have been going for much more than that [second hand] in the not too distant past.

Jon3G
23rd July 2005, 11:58 PM
or you could box split them. :D

Only a thought

Hands0n
24th July 2005, 12:08 AM
Sir! What are you insinuating :D

Perish such thoughts ........ (grrrrr why didn't I think of that?).

p.s. If anyone buys one and wants the latest V105+ s/w I can sort that out for you. Check MENU, 9, 2, 5. I can vouch for its stability, got it running on three of the U8120s in the family

3GScottishUser
24th July 2005, 09:29 AM
Some days it goes down to £59.00 - watch the sandwitch boards outside in the mall.