View Full Version : Annoyed after 1 day with Vodafone!!!!

3GScottishUser
4th July 2005, 07:49 PM
Well after seeing the site and placing the order imagine my annoyance when this arrives by e-mail:

"Dear Customer

Many thanks for your recent order.

Please be informed that the item you require is currently out of stock and we are awaiting a confirmed delivery date.

We normally expect stock to arrive within 7-10 working days although this is an estimated time only.

Unfortunately I cannot be more specific. Should you have any further queries please contact us on 08701261060, please quote your order number or

Postal code as your reference.

Please accept Vodafone’s sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for ordering with V-Store Online."

Very very annoying. Ordered on 1st day of release and they have no stock!

Looks like Vodafone are advertising products they have not got.

I will give them the 7 days then they will have the order cancelled, note they are not too specific about delivery in the above communication.

Hmmmmm.... not a good start in terms of customer experience.

Ben
4th July 2005, 08:46 PM
Oh dear...

Do you think they ever had it in stock? They're still selling the handset online now!

I sincerely hope they get the phone to you in reasonable speed, because I think after years with Three it'd be great to contrast it with the competition. This isn't the start I was expecting, however! Vodafone should no better to do this, especially from their direct store - I think you may need to take a trip down the road to that friend of yours and set him straight!

Jon3G
4th July 2005, 09:43 PM
This is unacceptable from Vodafone. When I was promised my 6680 it went of stock, but you do have hope mine came in the next day and was shipped in 24 hours. I do hope you get the same service because it will be a real shame you view is altered by a glitch.

solo12002
4th July 2005, 10:22 PM
lol see Vodafone are just as bad as Three!

3GScottishUser
4th July 2005, 11:44 PM
I would not go that far..... they have not yet provided a service so a bit premature to suggest that they are anything like 3. Its one thing promising stuff and being a little late delivering, another thing entirely delivering something that never works well.

I will give Vodafone the benefit of the doubt for now, at the terms they are offering they might well have been 'sold out' early.

Jon3G
5th July 2005, 11:12 AM
lol see Vodafone are just as bad as Three!

How can you say that. 3 mess everything up and still put it right after. Vodafone normally resolve stock issues very quickly or at least did with the 6680. 3GSU will get is phone and hopefully will enjoy the service. However I must say I am going back to Orange and not because I have had a poor service from Vodafone, I just think Orange are better

bagpuss102002
5th July 2005, 11:58 AM
i have to agree as a three customer they do mess nearly everything up. but they are very good at picking and delivering phones and also monotoring their stock levels. They rarely lie to you and they are also quite generous if for any reason they have made a mistake, in my previous experiece with vodafone i have found them unhelpful, rude and unwilling to help but complicate a simple matter. :)

Jon3G
5th July 2005, 12:06 PM
i have to agree as a three customer they do mess nearly everything up. but they are very good at picking and delivering phones and also monotoring their stock levels. They rarely lie to you and they are also quite generous if for any reason they have made a mistake, in my previous experiece with vodafone i have found them unhelpful, rude and unwilling to help but complicate a simple matter. :)

It really depends which SP you deal with, I deal with Vodafone connect (direct Vodafone SP) and I have had little cause for concern

Jon3G
14th July 2005, 01:41 PM
Sorted in the end then. This didnt turn out to be a typical 3 thread with endless updates and real heart ache

3GScottishUser
14th July 2005, 03:21 PM
Of course not. They did a good job and were pretty well on the ball even with a brand new device. Asked a couple of questions and they were able to provide correct information.

Slick and professional, but then you pay for that so its to be expected. Worth the cash too especially if you happen to be new to 3G facilities.

simax
18th July 2005, 10:46 PM
I must say I am going back to Orange and not because I have had a poor service from Vodafone, I just think Orange are better Give that man a pat on the back.

"There you are, Rodney. You know it makes sense" :)

Welcome back home... :D

Simon

Jon3G
18th July 2005, 10:52 PM
I can see the light

Hands0n
12th December 2005, 02:18 PM
Same fing has happened with the Sony Ericsson W900i - out of stock, same 0870 number to call, interminable holding on to the "Thank you for waiting, an agent will be with you shortly" message - all this on an -0870 number that is ticking up the charges at the best part of 8p per minute! I just wish they wouldn't call me "Shorty" :D

Ho hum, the price for buying at first release I s'pose.

Ben
12th December 2005, 02:38 PM
Any idea when it'll be coming yet? I'm really curious to hear what you think of it!

Hands0n
12th December 2005, 03:36 PM
They gave me the ole "7 to 10 working days" shpiel in their order advisement. That was from 9/12 so its any time until 23/12 which is cutting it a tad fine for my comfort zone! Its not for me, but my daughter who will have me singing Alto on Christmas morn if the handset is not in her sticky mits! She takes after her mother in that respect, formid'able!!

Tbh, I am now seriously thinking of one of these for myself after the Christmas break. My thoughts are to get the Nokia 6280 on 3 when that contract comes up on 18-1-06, and get the SE W900i on Voda before that. Its a bit botty-about-face though as the Voda will be my business tool with the 3 phone being my personal/private comms kit.

But the thought of being able to while away the idle period with some quality music on the W900i, p'raps a spot of 3G video (i.e. Sky News) and some light use of Text, MMS and Videocalling - the SE does seem to fit the bill quite well. The pose factor has not escaped me either. The iPod of the mobile handset world at the mo? Not that I have an iPod.

Okay - expect a first impressions when it arrives as I lock myself in my study with daughter kicking at the door while I have a first go of the handset :)

Edit: I'm not really "Annoyed with Vodafone after 1 day" - just impatient as I usually am :) But this seemed a good thread to continue with, especially as the same thing is happening with me as it did with 3GSU way back earlier this year. Its nice to have some constants in life :D

Hands0n
14th December 2005, 10:33 AM
Son arrivé :D Woo Hoo! Big smiley faces all round :) :) Shame its not for me then!! There is something distinctly satisfying about receiving a new handset, especially at this time of year.

Earlier in the week I did chase Vodafone up on the phone, spent over 20 mins camped out on their 0870 number listening to their courteous "someone will be with you shortly" message. Only someone didn't . I got very bored. I hung up and sent a snottygram, very politely put I must add as I did not want to upset the natives. Got no reply to that, but a very nice man turned up at my door this morning clutching a RMSD package, "Ooooooh, I wonder what that could be?".

The package is very anonymous, containing a despatch note and the item itself. The plastic case that it all comes in is rather flash, typical Sony, but cracked through mislandling somewhere along the line! I know we'll ultimately chuck it away but ...... a bit of care please Mr Postman!!!

Apart from that, there is little information as to what to do next. If I were not in the know I could imagine being a but stuck and reaching out for that 0870 number again!! But once inside the packaging I find the "Getting Started" booklet and the handset assembly instructions are quite straightforward, moments later the handset is on its initial charge for 2.5hrs.

Personally, I think that a single A4 or even B5 flyer in the package with brief instructions such as "Read the Getting Started booklet contained in the box" would not go amiss. At this point I don't even know if I need to register with Vodafone or if I can just get on with it!

I'll give handset impressions and suchlike in the other thread specifically about the W900i. For now, I'm happy that this afternoon a certain young lady is going to be like the proverbial dog with two tails :)

3GScottishUser
14th December 2005, 11:24 AM
Told you they under promise. Its a classic Vodafone strategy!

You should be able to use the phone without registering it straight out of the box. If you want to use Passport or MMS you will have to contact Vodafone CS to register.

Happy new Vodafone 3G!!