View Full Version : Freeserve email on 6680

ixion
5th July 2005, 11:08 PM
Hi all,
Bit of a newbie question about the 6680 which I got today if anyone can help please, be gentle this is my first smartphone.
I have a 6230 and can dial into my Freeserve (wanadoo) account and retrieve my emails. Just been trying to fathom out how to do this on the 6680 but am totally confused anyone help with simple step by step instructions please?

Thanks a lot.

Ben
6th July 2005, 12:20 AM
Hey,

What network is your 6680 on? If it's on Three then you can't. On any other network, though, you can by setting the mail server settings in Messaging > Email > Options > Email Settings... yours might be a little different because mine's already set up for Orange.net.

Hope that helps!

ixion
6th July 2005, 06:43 AM
Hey,

What network is your 6680 on?

I am on UK Vodafone.

Thanks

Ben
6th July 2005, 12:27 PM
Right, if you go into Messaging on your handset and then to the Email section (the icon is an @) then you should be able to add in all the settings exactly as on the 6230. If you have any specific questions then give us a shout!

ixion
6th July 2005, 09:11 PM
Hi Ben,
Thanks for the replies so far, I can see this is going to be a long thread ;)

Right, if you go into Messaging on your handset and then to the Email section (the icon is an @) then you should be able to add in all the settings exactly as on the 6230. If you have any specific questions then give us a shout!

OK, in messaging I have Vodafone Mail which I dont use so I have created 'Freeserve' and put in all my email settings for my email account. When I go to connect I get the message 'packet data connection not available'.
Now with my 6230 I had to create a connection with the Freeserve dial up number which was associated with the account. I cannot see where to add the Freeserve dial up number on the 6680, any clues please?

Cheers.

Jon3G
6th July 2005, 09:42 PM
Hi Ben,
Thanks for the replies so far, I can see this is going to be a long thread ;)

OK, in messaging I have Vodafone Mail which I dont use so I have created 'Freeserve' and put in all my email settings for my email account. When I go to connect I get the message 'packet data connection not available'.
Now with my 6230 I had to create a connection with the Freeserve dial up number which was associated with the account. I cannot see where to add the Freeserve dial up number on the 6680, any clues please?

Cheers.

Can you call CS and ask them if you have Data set up on your account, you should having a 3G phone.

When you have done that come back to us, take my MSN details from my profile and if I am on I will try and help you

ixion
6th July 2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks Jon3G, all sorted now, just pointed my Freeserve settings towards the 'Contract Internet' settings and it now works a treat, thanks for the replies.

Jon3G
6th July 2005, 11:03 PM
good to hear and hope you stick around to contribute to the community