View Full Version : NEC e338 now with Internet!!!

3GScottishUser
7th July 2005, 08:42 AM
No its not what it seems....

Watching tacky shopping channel i-buy TV on Sky last night (sad I know)... and they are offering the NEC e338 on 3's VideoTalk 750 price plan with the Video add-on for £40/month. The phone costs £20 + P+P.

Included in the deal is a free PC. Yep.... mini-tower with DVD, Modem, Monitor, etc etc.

Now all you need is wireless electricity and a big reel of cable and this new e338 deal could actually provide you with mobile Internet!

PS: Sorry for the confusing title, it is accurate though!

Jon3G
7th July 2005, 09:19 AM
No its not what it seems....

Watching tacky shopping channel i-buy TV on Sky last night (sad I know)... and they are offering the NEC e338 on 3's VideoTalk 750 price plan with the Video add-on for £40/month. The phone costs £20 + P+P.

Included in the deal is a free PC. Yep.... mini-tower with DVD, Modem, Monitor, etc etc.

Now all you need is wireless electricity and a big reel of cable and this new e338 deal could actually provide you with mobile Internet!

PS: Sorry for the confusing title, it is accurate though!

LMAO at 3GSU

Its true people will use anything to sell a product

Hands0n
8th July 2005, 10:46 PM
That's £500 + P&P for a PC plus Mobile Phone for a year - not bad going if you can't afford the full on up front £500 it costs for a basic Internet-ready desktop these days! Shame the mobile is on the Three network :)

3GScottishUser
9th July 2005, 09:25 AM
It's more than that as i forgot to mention it's on an 18 month contract!

Hands0n
9th July 2005, 10:06 AM
Hmmmm, getting much less attractive then. I'd see that appealing to the typical catalogue buyer type. Whatever that stereotype is!

I'd only sign up to 18 months with Three if they kidnapped my youngest. Urk! Best not give them ideas .....................

Jon3G
9th July 2005, 04:49 PM
18 months

NEC and 3

Stay away it nots worth the hassle

3GScottishUser
9th July 2005, 09:02 PM
Jon you are preaching to the converted...... NEC & 3 - a bad combination and its notable that they have to give a 20" LCD TV or a PC away to shift that junk.

Its a shame some poor fools (i-buyers) wont relalise what they are letting themselves in for or what they are paying really. £40 X 18 + £20 and the p+p, about £740.... and a cheap PC is ... well about £350 and a 20" LCD TV about £300.

Fools and their cash are easily parted.

Its becoming apparent that 3 UK cant sell on the merit of their own product, they have to package it with something attractive to shift it.