View Full Version : Adobe problem

maven
9th July 2005, 10:47 AM
I've downloaded the Adobe document reader to my 6680 then loaded a .pdf file on to the phone. When I set Adobe to open the file I get a message saying 'Operation Failed, not enough memory' however I'm using a 128Mb card to store both on and the .pdf file is only 6Mb whereas the card as got about 25Mb of space left - help!

Jon3G
9th July 2005, 11:44 AM
its the memory on the phone I think it uses to process applications regardless of were the app is installed. Have a look how much memory you on the phone then try and free up some memory

Ben
9th July 2005, 01:09 PM
Yep, push and hold the Menu key and a list of active programs will be displayed. Close everything except Telephone or just restart the phone. If you have a lot of applications installed on the handset memory rather than the memory card then you'd be well advised to uninstall them and re-install them opting for the memory card as the storage.

10mb of internal memory.. what's that all about!

maven
9th July 2005, 05:55 PM
In the end I just gave up - I found a .doc version instead and opened that instead :D

Jon3G
9th July 2005, 06:03 PM
In the end I just gave up - I found a .doc version instead and opened that instead :D

Never give up on anything

The advice you have been given is the way to fix it

maven
9th July 2005, 06:51 PM
Not really - all other applications and programmes were closed - credit me with some common sense please! :D

The .pdf file was 6.1Mb - available space was 7.2Mb and bear in mind that it needs to read the file while writing it's uncompressed format into memory. I couldn't free any more space, that was the problem.