View Full Version : Sample Images From Z500

3GScottishUser
11th July 2005, 11:04 PM
Took a few today outdoors and when I transferred them to the PC they were at the lowest resolution! Did a reset and took one indoors so here it is as an example.

Will take some decent quality ones outdoors tomorrow, while the suin is still shining.

Jon3G
14th July 2005, 01:38 PM
Wow thats a great quality pic from the handset. What settings did you have that on?

3GScottishUser
14th July 2005, 03:23 PM
That was on the highest resolution but I had to reduce the pictue size for upload. Also did some compression with compupic to make the file a bit smaller (75% compressed).

I promise I'll do another couple of outdoor stuff very soon.

Jon3G
14th July 2005, 04:14 PM
Its still very good and very clear :)

Ben
14th July 2005, 04:47 PM
It's great to see that mobile phone camera pictures are improving to this level from the tiny little postage-stamp snaps we were originally getting when MMS came out. Now, if MMS size limits are ever raised, there's a much better chance for MMS to take off as a way of sharing real-world sized pictures that can then be printed and framed. Hell, there could even be photo services from the likes of Kodak where you just MMS your pictures to them at a shortcode and they come through the post a few days later!

Endless possibilities. Thanks 3GSU - looking forward to more! Other forums are crying out for both pics of the phone and pics from the phone, and whaddyaknow - we've got both ;)

Jon3G
14th July 2005, 06:04 PM
It's great to see that mobile phone camera pictures are improving to this level from the tiny little postage-stamp snaps we were originally getting when MMS came out. Now, if MMS size limits are ever raised, there's a much better chance for MMS to take off as a way of sharing real-world sized pictures that can then be printed and framed. Hell, there could even be photo services from the likes of Kodak where you just MMS your pictures to them at a shortcode and they come through the post a few days later!

Endless possibilities. Thanks 3GSU - looking forward to more! Other forums are crying out for both pics of the phone and pics from the phone, and whaddyaknow - we've got both ;)

Thats a good business Idea

Remember fokes you heard it first on Talk 3G

solo12002
14th July 2005, 08:18 PM
Im only worried about being charged £1 for the short sms code , just like jamster lol

3GScottishUser
18th July 2005, 01:10 PM
Some more pics taken outdoors and in Braehead Shopping Mall. all were taken with default settings and have been uploaded without adjustment.

Hands0n
19th July 2005, 12:57 AM
Unquestionably good pictures from the camera - generally, its about time too. There is no reason, other than throttling the release of the technology in this specific format. Other cameras have had higher resolutions for yonks!

What is the filesize of the images before you subjected them to compupic compression to 75% of original?

3GScottishUser
20th July 2005, 04:17 PM
Images were about 330KB to 430KB before compression. You can get quite a lot on a 128MB Transflash Card but the processor in the jandset takes a while to load up the menus.

solo12002
20th July 2005, 09:44 PM
I s this a new thing in the Z500

"the processor in the jandset takes a while to load up the menus." could you explain this more fully for me? lol, nice to see someone else making a typo

3GScottishUser
20th July 2005, 11:08 PM
Sorry - that should have read 'handset'!!!

Anyway as the sun was shining the other day I took a couple more pics when out cycling.

One was of some local cattle which turned out to be not so docile as they kept following me after I took the picture..... worrying!!! Thankfully there was some barbed wire to keep them away!!

The other was taken close to Glasgow Airport, the pic is self-explanatory!

Enjoy!

3GScottishUser
5th August 2005, 12:48 PM
Another few images taken recently with the Z500. First two were taken in Denmark and the third and forth were taken in Germany.

All of the files have been posted without modification but have had to be compressed due to the upload limit for jpg filetypes.

N-Joy

MORPH
5th August 2005, 01:46 PM
I'm thinking "What's so special? they're tiny, hardly worth it".....then I realised you have to click on them..... :rolleyes:

3GScottishUser
5th August 2005, 02:30 PM
Indeed you do!!!

Whilst 2MP would be even better I think the image quality that the 1.3MP camera provides is more than adequate for 'snaps'.