View Full Version : Vodafone online offers

Malboro Man
12th July 2005, 11:30 AM
Seen an offer on Vodafone for 30-day contracts with Sim-only purchases with doubled minutes and 1,000 texts, on certain tariffs(http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPayMonthlySims). Thought it was for tourists but you need a UK bank account. Sounds great, although you can only cancel contract AFTER the 30 days, so you have to pay line rental for the second month. Oh - and you can port your number to Vodafone by ringing a sales number. Is this the future of try before you buy?

solo12002
12th July 2005, 07:48 PM
Bit late in the day.

O2 have done this for some time, I note that Vodafone does 700 mins and 1000 Text messages a month for £40 pounds.

O2 on the other hand gives you 800 mins, 2000 Texts, free voicemail and ITS for cheaper roaming for £45 pounds per month.

Ben
13th July 2005, 12:38 AM
I hope this is the future. Airtime contracts and the devices that use them need to be separated. Operators are trying to create an integrated 'experience', and in doing so are making a mockery of what the customer actually wants. SMS has shown that consumer-led innovations work. MMS has shown that network-led innovations fail.

Jon3G
13th July 2005, 09:35 AM
Maybe this is the way forward, but I dont think it will get many people from signing 12 month contracts because of the phones you can get for free. The idea have having to source your own handset could put people off.

3GScottishUser
13th July 2005, 10:56 AM
Watch the small print as Vodafone don't allow any number ports into their network when you buy from their on-line store. The terms advertised make it very clear that offers only apply to new customers taking a new contract with a new number and you cannot port into Vodafone once an account has been created.

Ben
13th July 2005, 11:49 AM
It does say "Offer is only available to customers joining Vodafone not upgrading an exisiting number. If you wish to join Vodafone and bring your current mobile number with you, please call 0800 068 6570" for this offer. Whether you can get exactly the same deal over the phone is another matter, but one would have thought so given that it's the same direct channel at the end of the day.

I want Anytime 125 (double minutes) + 1000 texts soo badly on it! :( I'm hoping that, when my Voda contract ends and if these offers are still here, I'll be able to get onto something like these 30 day contracts through retentions.

Jon3G
13th July 2005, 01:36 PM
It does say "Offer is only available to customers joining Vodafone not upgrading an exisiting number. If you wish to join Vodafone and bring your current mobile number with you, please call 0800 068 6570" for this offer. Whether you can get exactly the same deal over the phone is another matter, but one would have thought so given that it's the same direct channel at the end of the day.

I want Anytime 125 (double minutes) + 1000 texts soo badly on it! :( I'm hoping that, when my Voda contract ends and if these offers are still here, I'll be able to get onto something like these 30 day contracts through retentions.

I would think they would offer you this deal if you wanted to leave, after all they are still keeping your custome