View Full Version : Exclusive U-8360 with BT for 3 UK

3GScottishUser
14th July 2005, 11:33 AM
From Mobile News (14/07/2005):

LG launches its first 3G handset with Bluetooth this month.
The LG U8360, whose forbears include 3's breakthrough handset, the U8110, will be exclusive to 3 and free on contract from mid-July.

Full Story (http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/cgi-bin/show_more.cgi?id=8162&referer=lister.cgi&area=News)

Jon3G
14th July 2005, 01:37 PM
Well its about time, but really behind the times

solo12002
14th July 2005, 02:03 PM
I agree a bit late in the day and I have to question why the LG models, users on here inculding myself have had problems with the LG phones, why din't they just go for the Z500 or something else?

Once again a wasted chance to move forward.

Jon3G
14th July 2005, 02:35 PM
LG have been a principle suppler of 3's for some time now and maybe its part of the deal to launch the handset

getti
1st August 2005, 12:18 AM
Personally i think this LG will be one of the best 3G phones ever in the market. The 8110 brougght a GSM sized phone into the 3G world and was VERY popular. Infact all of the the LG's have been but they have all missed things.

This however has everything and il be more than happy to pay argos 249.99 for one

3GScottishUser
1st August 2005, 07:05 AM
Cant see many folks paying £249.99 for this on Threepay even with £30 worth of credit included. Sitting next to Samsung D500's and Motorola V3's at sililar prices it'll be hard for it to compete.

getti
1st August 2005, 04:14 PM
Im gonna.

Just seen in the actual argos book the phone is £209.99 and you get £40 credit to last 90 days.

Well with the amount of content im gonna see and all the video calling its gonna be great.

Just 1 problem though.......... they need to get the phone in NOW!. I remember it was about a month befor the E338 came in

3GScottishUser
1st August 2005, 04:44 PM
Fair nuff....still cant imagine huge demand for the LG on pre-pay at that price. Looks like the 30 day top-up restriction is about to be relaxed but the sting in the tail is that the handsets are no longer subsidised to the same degree. One has to wonder whether 3 can attract customers at this price point. Is the customer service and network performance good enough to justify the asking price?

getti
1st August 2005, 05:53 PM
I guess everyone is different in what they look for. 3 are known for having cheap phones but they are worth more.

I would be happy to pay £250 for a phone such as the LG 8360 because its as good as any other 3G phone on the Voda network on PAYG spec wise.

Just drop the wall and make topups last longer i say and 3 will have to be taken serious.

When I think that I have moved back to 3 about 6 times and only left because the handset lacked a feature. Now that looks to be different and once again 3 are welcoming me to their network

getti
12th August 2005, 01:03 AM
I hear this phone is coming into Argos next week sometime.

3GScottishUser
12th August 2005, 01:30 AM
If I were you i would wait another few weeks and see what else becomes available. T-Mobile are just about to launch their 3G service and 02 have some new pre-pay offerings in the pipeline including the SE K600i. In addition 3 are about to change their T+C's for ThreePay so not the best time to 'take the plunge'. Add to the above that this and most other 3G handsets always take a price plunge pretty soon after they are launched.

Advice: Be patient and you could save enough to get onto a 3G network that performs well.

getti
12th August 2005, 10:43 AM
I like 3 anyway. They get full 3G where i live and i find the LG phones download faster then the other models.

I was thinking about getting a N90 as they are starting to ship from Nokia to stores but £500 for it put me right off