View Full Version : Nokia 7600 on T/T600 £0 for 12 months

3GScottishUser
18th July 2005, 02:16 PM
Yep it's back.

Churn champions CPW have come up with the following:

FREE Clearance Nokia 7600 (Reconditioned)
12 Months FREE line rental
FREE 500 Xnet anytime minutes
FREE 100 inclusive texts
Offer applies to Talk and Text 600
25 free picture messages from Photobox
Free delivery

On a 12 month contract!!

I would imagine it'll be harder to give this away than to actually charge something for it! Customers will be asking "Whats wrong with it?"

Deals like the above wont be doing 3's ARPU much good, nor will they be attracting high spenders. Looks like the only winners from this will be CPW who will be able to make wads of commission now and again when the contract expires.

Other networks must be laughing their heads off at this deal.

bsrjl1
18th July 2005, 02:37 PM
Deals like the above wont be doing 3's ARPU much good

Why not - it will give them customers with a guaranteed £30/month ARPU! Other networks would kill for a load of customers like that!

I don't think it will do much good for their bottom line, nor their churn figures...

3GScottishUser
18th July 2005, 04:25 PM
Indeed £30/Month ARPU thet they supplied via the dealer in the first place!!!

Anyway on a positive note they will get some ingress and perhaps some might be tempted by some downloads??

Somewhat embarrassing!!

Ben
18th July 2005, 05:16 PM
Argh, it's the ultimate scum-of-the-earth £0 cashback deal back from the dead! The mobile phone industry works in mysterious ways in this country, it's just not on. Someone needs to sort out all this nonesense and introduce fixed commissions and lower pricing. What better sign can there be that tariff prices are overinflated than dealer commission being enough to pay out an entire 12-month stint? Three's aggressive need for subscribers (through high commissions) has made them the prime candidate for this (they've obviously failed to differentiate themselves in terms of product), but it affects all the networks to some extent.

I guess at least CPW are giving a hefty wad of commission back to the customer. Really, though, the products should just be cheaper in the first place.