View Full Version : First Ben-Q 3G handset revealed

3GScottishUser
20th July 2005, 01:14 PM
Here is a piture of the S-80, the first 3g handset from Taiwanese manufacturer Ben-Q who recently swallowed up the Siemens mobile brand.

Looks not bad and we could see this appearing in the UK as an own-brand product.

Brief details can be found at this URL: http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2005/07/benq_s80_small.html

Ben
20th July 2005, 01:18 PM
I actually quite like the look of this handset, but in terms of weight and the antenna I think it might be a little bit too far behind the competition unless it debuts shortly.

It looks, from the thumbnail, a lot like the X4 actually I think - was that BenQ? :S

It's great to see even more range appearing though and I'm confident that BenQ can make a better go of mobile phones than Siemens ever could.

3GScottishUser
20th July 2005, 04:20 PM
I think the X4 was an HTC product who also do the PDA's for 02 and the SPV series phones for Orange.

chaslam
20th July 2005, 07:33 PM
All of the o2 phones (excluding smartphones eg XDA ect) are made from BENQ. If you go onto gsmarena and click on o2 and BENQ, all the o2 phones are exactly the same as the BENQ ones, but with different model numbers.

Ben
20th July 2005, 07:41 PM
I did have a sneaking suspicion! That'll be why it looks so similar then. Hmmm, the O2 X phones haven't been 'all that' from what I've been told - but a mash of Siemens and BenQ could give good results. I still like the look of this handset... I think it's the way it's bent up where the lid attaches to the rest of the body, great stuff!

3GScottishUser
20th July 2005, 08:36 PM
So much for the hoo-hah about this being the first Taiwanese 3g handset then as 02 have been selling the X4 for some time.

Interesting.