View Full Version : 02 introduce 3G PAYG with X4

3GScottishUser
20th July 2005, 08:53 PM
Very quietely 02 have introduced the PAYG option to their 3G services.

The (Ben-Q) X4 is now only available as a pay as you go handset at £149.99. (Doubt if it was good enough to remain as a contract contender).

Anyway things are moving by the looks of things and 02 look like being the first of the incumbents to open their 3G network to PAYG customers.

Full details on the 02 UK website: www.02.co.uk

Ben
20th July 2005, 09:03 PM
Anyway things are moving by the looks of things and 02 look like being the first of the incumbents to open their 3G network to PAYG customers.
Great news, though don't forget that most new Vodafone PAYG SIM cards can be used in 3G handsets - I think getti is using a PAYG Voda SIM in a 6680 and connecting to 3G services currently.

Vodafone's 'open' access to the 3G network is commendable.

3GScottishUser
20th July 2005, 09:15 PM
Indeed but this just illustrates the strategy 02 and Vodafone have chosen. They are not going to shout 3G from the rooftops and scream NEW TECHNOLOGY they are going to distribute devices and gradually introduce users to new services on a relaible platform.

What a breath of fresh air!

Then again - did anyone really imagine it would be any different?

getti
20th July 2005, 09:26 PM
Very quietely 02 have introduced the PAYG option to their 3G services.

The (Ben-Q) X4 is now only available as a pay as you go handset at £149.99. (Doubt if it was good enough to remain as a contract contender).

Full details on the 02 UK website: www.02.co.uk

Sorry to spoil things 3GSU but the X4 has been on PAYG for over a month now. It aint that good to be honest.

i had one in for review (http://www.todayon3g.co.uk/reviews/o2x4/page1.htm) and it was quite poor.

Especially cause no vid calling

Ben
20th July 2005, 10:40 PM
Just a quick note... the links on the bottom of that review page take you to the 6680! No video calling though? :S :(

getti
21st July 2005, 08:43 AM
Just sorting the links out now. By 9am they will all work

Ben
21st July 2005, 12:52 PM
I'm sure you've told me before that it can't video call... there just seems to be no excuse on that handset given that it's a flip, it's not exactly microscopic, and it doesn't exactly have a huge feature set otherwise.

getti
21st July 2005, 08:51 PM
Camera is sh*t for 1.3 megapixel. Menu is horrible with O2 branding and the keypad looks and feels like something you would see in a horror movie.

Also has NO video calling which sux