View Full Version : Vodafone Passport Details

3GScottishUser
21st July 2005, 12:05 AM
I did some checking when registering for this (5555 from a Vodafone) and it appears that the deal is as follows:

75p flat rate charge per Incoming/Outgoing call on partner Vodafone networks in Europe etc.

Outgoing calls are then charged at your contract or PAYG UK rate, inclusive
minutes re used first as in the UK.

Stop The Clock does NOT apply!

Incoming calls cost 75p for up to an hour and UK callers are charged at standard calling rates. Incoming calls less than 60 minutes do not affect inclusive price-plan minutes or PAYG credit. After 1 hour its about 20p/min apparently....but why would you when you can hang up and get another hour for just 75p!!

An even better bargain than I thought. Watch the others rush to follow suit!!

3GScottishUser
21st July 2005, 10:18 AM
Just to clarify the price of calls I constructed this table to show what casual users could pay whilst roaming. Hope folks find it useful.

Some examples below of what Vodafone Passport costs in relation to other networks presently.

Networks markerd with an * have a reduced tarriff available at extra monthly cost (ie ITS from 02 reduces incoming and outgoing call rates but costs an extra £2.99 monthly). Prices quoted in the list below are for basic services without bolt-on's etc and show what a casual user would be billed.

Calling the UK from France and receiving calls whilst in France.

3 UK to UK - 80p/min Receive: 30p/min 30 min call to UK £24 30 min Recvd: £9
Orange to UK - 70p/min Receive: 30p/min 30 min call to UK £21 30 min Recvd: £9
02* to UK - 85p/min Receive: 94p/min 30 min call to UK £25.5 30 min Recvd: £28.2
T-Mobile* to UK - 75p/min Receive: 70p/min 30 min call to UK £22.5 30 min Recvd: £21
Vodafone to UK - 75p/min Receive: 75p/min 30 min call to UK £22.5 30 min Recvd: £22.5

Vodafone
Passport to UK - 75p+ home rate Receive: 75p/hour 30 min call to UK £4.35^ 30 min Recvd: 75p

Vodafone Passport does not cost extra and can be activated by dialling 5555 from any Vodafone handset. it applies to PAYG as well as contracts. 75p charge covers incoming calls up to 60 minutes thereafter a 20p/min charge applies. Vodafone Passport applies to calls made on Vodafone partner networks available throughout Europe.

^ = Calls to UK Landlines and Vodafone Mobiles - calls to other mobile networks would incur a 35p/min charge making the above call example £11.25 (Inclusive contract minutes are deducted before charging applies - same as in the UK).

getti
21st July 2005, 10:49 AM
This will save me a fortune when in spain next Feb and in France this Oct. I can now use my phone to call home and not have to worry about a massive phone bill coming in

3GScottishUser
21st July 2005, 10:52 AM
Yep, that is the general idea and not before time either. It had to happen not only because the EU are swinging into action but because Vodafone especially have subsiduaries in just about every European market now and where they dont own a network they have licencing agreements for branding etc.

I suspect a lot of customers will benefit from this deal.