View Full Version : Welcome to Vodafone Call

3GScottishUser
21st July 2005, 08:18 PM
Well after the abysmal CS experienced with 3 for 2 years I have been more than delighted with the level of customer service provided by Vodafone (to date).

Firstly they send you helpful text messages about services and settings on your handset. (The first on actually tells you how to block any more if you dont want them and goes on to tell you how to stop spam SMS).

Following that you get a Welcome to Vodafone e-mail which details all the benefits of your new handset and provides billing information and contact details, very handy.

I got a call today from Vodafone customer service. A polite young lady asked if it was convienient to chat about the phone and welcomed me in person to Vodafone. Once through security she asked what i had tried. Vodafone Live?, Videocalling? SMS, MMS, VideoMessaging etc etc. She then explained the tarriff in detail and went on the explain stop the clock and the SMS allowance that you can also use for MMS and Video Messaging (3 + 5 SMS units respectively). She explained how Vodafone Live worked and the offers available and went on to explain how Vodafone Mail can be set up and configured. She was right on the ball as she went on to ask if I had registered for the Passport option and offered to lift the International calling bar on the handset. Some advice was prrovided on Insurance cover and they had a 3 month free offer on an alll risks policy, which I declined.

The Vodafone CS operator was interested in how the phone was performing including battery life and if I had been able to take pictures, video, receive and download music and games.

All in all, a very nice touch. Nicely executed in a chatty informal manner with as much listening as talking. To end the call she thanked me again for choosing Vodafone and restated the terms of the contract including tarriff variation, on-line billing and the numbers to contact for customer service.

The whole call took about 12-15 minutes but I have to say I felt quite special and well looked after when she had finished.

The above is an object lesson in customer service and its no wonder really that Vodafone are held in such high esteem by their customers. Right now I feel good about the Z500 and the service and am glad to be back with an experienced customer focussed organisation for my mobile commuication needs.

What do you think about this level of service?

Ben
21st July 2005, 08:43 PM
3G seems to have brought about increased levels of customer service, with the exception of Three UK, as the networks attack the obvious issue that handsets are now more complicated. It looks like Vodafone are investing in that 15 minutes to give a return over many months of using advanced 3G features and increasing their ARPU.

Vodafone didn't give me this kind of service when I joined, but then I'm not a 3G customer. I have, however, heard quite a few stories of new contract Voda 3G customers who have received video calls from Voda CS etc.

Just as it has with you, I would imagine this kind of treatment will apply a glowing image to the vast majority of new Vodafone 3G customers. I just hope such services continue.

Do Vodafone have a dedicated 3G support number like Orange do?

getti
21st July 2005, 08:49 PM
No they dont.

i found voda to be excellent when it comes to CS. I tried to order a 6680 a while back but had to stop 1/2 way through the online order because at the time i didnt have a card.

About 2 days later i got a call at home from the online shop asking if everything was ok because my order was not complete. I said i didnt have a card for delivery and he just bypassed it.....still didnt pass tho :D

When voda launched 3G i got a V800 on PAYG and when i wanted to phone up to ask about something they said what phone have i got..........V800 on PAYG i replied......hmm where did you get that from, vodafone dont have 3G on PAYG and there is no set date............ i got if from a Voda retail store as a PAYG phone in a PAYG box at a PAYG price.................. there reply...... oh ok sorry i was wrong i have just seen an email about it here :rolleyes: :D

Hands0n
21st July 2005, 09:23 PM
This all very encouraging reading about Vodafone CS. Having been a "victim" of Three's abysmal CS I hanker after being 'looked after' by something quite a bit more professionally minded. Orange has always been okay for me, I really got fed up with Vodafone's negative attitude when I wanted an early upgrade and that is what took me to Orange.

But 3GSU's experience with Vodafone is definitely very interesting reading, and a very nice touch indeed by them with the after-sales follow up. That is worth millions in free advertising alone.

I'll be sure to include Vodafone in my October Orange renewal/jump-ship analysis.

@NickyColman
21st July 2005, 11:17 PM
To be fair I did receive a similar call when i first joined Three. It was a polite Indian girl who welcomed me, took me throught what i get with my phone etc. Shame the service plummeted since then! :mad:

Jon3G
22nd July 2005, 09:13 AM
I got the same treatment, very good service and the welcome call was great. The CS support has continued to be excellent and never had any real issues