View Full Version : Nokia 6680 on 3

Jon3G
24th July 2005, 01:09 PM
Question

Is the 6680 that is from 3 direct really black or is it a bad picture?

http://www.three.co.uk/handsets/handsetoverview.omp?subleft=2&header=PAYMON&cid=1118825027959

Ben
24th July 2005, 01:20 PM
All the ones I've seen have been a pale blue colour... but yes, I'm intrigued too! Anyone?

cyberkid999
24th July 2005, 02:16 PM
All the ones I've seen have been a pale blue colour... but yes, I'm intrigued too! Anyone?

if you look at the 3D picture you will see its blue and I dont think Nokia do a dark colour version.

Schockwave
24th July 2005, 03:34 PM
I think it might be the way the picture is set up or has come out, as Nokia seem to only do the one colour, although on the Nokia page it does show that there are two different colours, the second one being blue. Maybe it is available in other countries, but not here. Just a thought.

timothythetim
24th July 2005, 03:45 PM
My 3 6680 is blue, but on the box of the second one I got (and had to send back (e2save sent me 2 by mistake)) I think it was a black picture but a blue phone inside.
By the way, does anyone know how to take off a 6680 cover? I amn't a huge fan of the blue colour.

Ben
24th July 2005, 03:46 PM
Hmm yes I thought that... had a quick look at Three Hong Kong and the pictures on there site are of the blue one :S Looks like Australia's is also the blue one. My SIM-Free is the bronze (cough, grey) one. It's a bit misleading that they're showing a black version when it doesn't seem to exist... everyone else managed to get the colours right! :S

Looks cool though :D

cyberkid999
24th July 2005, 04:24 PM
My 3 6680 is blue, but on the box of the second one I got (and had to send back (e2save sent me 2 by mistake)) I think it was a black picture but a blue phone inside.
By the way, does anyone know how to take off a 6680 cover? I amn't a huge fan of the blue colour.

dont know about how to do it but heres one for sale.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/6708.htm

Hands0n
24th July 2005, 07:02 PM
@timothythetim - you'll need a Torx6 #6 driver - and a gentle hand. There'll most likely be stickers or pads over the screw-holes on the outer case. Start from inside the battery compartment. I've not had a 6680 apart myself but these usually come apart in a similar manner.

If you're not good at precision work (modelling and suchlike) leave it to someone else to do for you.

cyberkid999
24th July 2005, 07:07 PM
@timothythetim - you'll need a Torx6 #6 driver - and a gentle hand. There'll most likely be stickers or pads over the screw-holes on the outer case. Start from inside the battery compartment. I've not had a 6680 apart myself but these usually come apart in a similar manner.

if its anything like the 6600 you dont need a srcewdriver as this case was just held together with clips and it is very thin plastic and very easy to damage.

take a look here...

http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk/

go to the DCT-L section for the 6600

fat jez
24th July 2005, 08:01 PM
Just ordered a replacement case and keypad after mine got scratched whilst in my pocket with my digital camera. Also ordered a screen protector and a case so that when I'm out walking, my phone should stay dry and scratch free. Total cost - £63.80. Watch out with the silver keys down the side of the keypad, as the paint comes off them very easily.

Surprisingly, I hardly found any genuine Nokia covers on Ebay, hence the reason why I'm ordering from Mobilefun.

Cheers,
Jez

Schockwave
24th July 2005, 10:44 PM
Well, I always use a protective case on my mobile phones, whichever model I have, then if it accidently falls, etc., they are less likely to get damaged.

Another good website for software is www.fonejunkie.com, should anyone be interested. :) ;)

Hands0n
25th July 2005, 12:00 AM
Thats a very nice alternative to Mobilefun (my all time fave). For a snapshot comparison I just checked a price on the Motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset. On Mobilefun it is £46.95 with standard delivery. On Fonejunkie it is £45.99 delivery inclusive.

Schockwave
25th July 2005, 01:08 AM
You are welcome, glad to be of help! Delivery very good, and should goods be faulty, no problem with replacement either. :) ;)