View Full Version : Too much mail for Orange?

Ben
28th July 2005, 01:38 AM
A recent email to Orange customer services has just come back as follows:

The original message was received at Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:13:19 +0100 (BST)
from dumbledore.orange.co.uk [193.35.135.134]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

----- Transcript of session follows -----
451 orange.co.uk: Name server timeout
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue

I knew some of Orange's systems were a bit pants, I mean any network that shows the Apache test page for a whole day instead of Orange World must have more than a few computer-intolerant staff, but this is pretty rubbish!

Love the naming of their mail server though.. dumbledore... LoL... damn Harry Potter fans don't have a clue about bloody computers!

I hope other customers who have tried to contact Orange by email within the last 5 days have enjoyed greater success.

bsrjl1
28th July 2005, 10:37 AM
Don't know if they've changed it now that the GPRS network archetecture has changed significantly, but their GGSN pipes to the worldwide interweb were called future-is.orange.co.uk & future-bright.orange.co.uk. future-is still has DNS entries.

In the good old Lotus Notes days, mail servers were names after sci-fi authors. Leguin, Eddings etc...

fat jez
28th July 2005, 12:38 PM
In the good old Lotus Notes days, mail servers were names after sci-fi authors. Leguin, Eddings etc...

I don't remember an Eddings, but I do remember an Edison. Turing and Faraday were in there too.

cheers,
Jez