View Full Version : Does anybody know how long it will be before we can unlock a nokia 6680 on 3?

Rickiboy
28th July 2005, 12:21 PM
Hi,
Does anybody have any idea on the sort of timescales we are looking at before the nokia 6680 on 3 can be unlocked?

Is it likely to be weeks, months etc? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ben
28th July 2005, 01:10 PM
It'll take as long as it takes for someone to figure out Nokia's latest method of locking, unfortunately.

You can call Three to get an unlock code, but I believe it costs in excess of £100.

You can be sure to find out details here though when an unlock solution is finally available.

Rickiboy
28th July 2005, 01:56 PM
Ok, Thanks for your help I will keep checking on here.

cyberkid999
28th July 2005, 09:05 PM
Ok, Thanks for your help I will keep checking on here.

or you can check the other 3g forum that we cant name on here or on the uk.telecom.mobile usergroup

Jon3G
28th July 2005, 11:33 PM
or you could check www.unlockme.co.uk.

Pretty useful

Hands0n
28th July 2005, 11:42 PM
There are no 3rd party unlocking solutions for Nokia's BB5 code at the moment. To date only kit such as JAF [for instance] is available to reflash BB5 handsets, but not unlock them. The people who develop the independent unlocking solutions are all busy at it, the race is on to produce such kit seperate of Nokia who severely limit its availability. Hence why 3 can charge the £100 that Ben cites.

As cyberkid999 says, you can keep an eye on some or all of the other forums too such as 3g.co.uk (yes, it can be named on here as can any other) or the more specific unlocker forums such as http://forum.gsmhosting.com.

We will certainly post an announcement and further information about any available 6680 unlock solutions on here as soon as we become aware of it. Talk3G is a completely independent 3G discussion forum and as such we are not limited by any commercial interests.

Welcome to the forum Rickiboy

Rickiboy
29th July 2005, 09:56 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome and your help.

Rickiboy
9th August 2005, 10:28 AM
Just to let you know, i have just been quoted £150 by 3 to have a 6680 unlocked by them.

Ben
9th August 2005, 11:43 AM
Something tells me you wont be getting it unlocked by Three, then!

Rickiboy
9th August 2005, 11:52 AM
Not a chance, the sooner someone gets the codes to unlock them the better!!