View Full Version : Roaming

timothythetim
31st July 2005, 10:27 PM
I'm goin to crete for a fortnight next month and want to take my 3 6680. I had a look at the prices.

Voice call : Receive
Make: to other countries/bands* £1.60p per minute
Receive: 30p per minute

Voice call :
Make: to UK/other same band countries* 80p per minute
Receive: 30p per minute

Text messages
Make: 25p
Receive: Free

Are these any good or would I be better buying a greek sim and using an old phone?

getti
31st July 2005, 10:40 PM
you could buy a vodafone PAYG SIM for £5 and add Voda Passport.

Then you pay 75p for the 1st min and a normal UK to UK call the rest

timothythetim
31st July 2005, 10:53 PM
that sounds like a plan, i think i've even got voda PAYG sim somewhere. I dont think I have another fone though actually, although I think i'll be able to acquire on. Anyone worked out how to unlock a 3 6680 yet?

Ben
31st July 2005, 10:56 PM
No unlock as yet.

Do you plan to use your phone a lot while out there? If so, you'll need to pick up a SIM card while you're there (and you'll need a phone to put it in). Otherwise, for occaisional use, your Three handset will probably be fine...

timothythetim
31st July 2005, 11:07 PM
No unlock as yet.

Do you plan to use your phone a lot while out there? If so, you'll need to pick up a SIM card while you're there (and you'll need a phone to put it in). Otherwise, for occaisional use, your Three handset will probably be fine...
Yeah, I'm not planning on using it alot. But I'm also not planning on spending too much money and thats never gonna happen. I'm goin with 50 school (just left) friends!