View Full Version : Problems with data on Orange 3G

Frasman77
1st August 2005, 09:09 PM
To my delight, my new 6680 arrived today.

To my irritation, I can't seem to download any data over the 3G network - I get an error message saying 'packet data could not be downloaded'. Orange customer services tell me there's a problem with the network which is currently prioritising voice calls on 3G over data. Their solution was to force the phone on to 2.5g. Nice - but hardly a glowing introduction to 3G services.

Anyone else experiencing any problems tonight? I'm told the problem will be sorted out by around midnight tonight. I'm also told the problem hasn't occurred for months before today.

Ben
1st August 2005, 09:47 PM
My 3G data is fine today, but the other week I lost all my data connectivity when on 3G and had to revert to 2.5G if I wanted to use data as you're reporting. I got an error that read something like "Packet data service not available" if I tried to hook up when in 3G coverage. I think it was just a local cell issue though... once my serving mast was reset everything worked fine again.

3g-g
2nd August 2005, 01:03 AM
Where abouts in Glasgow are you Frasman77? Are you still having issues?

Frasman77
2nd August 2005, 08:08 AM
Problem seems to have been sorted this morning- posting this on a train to work!

stuartturrell
18th August 2005, 01:15 PM
how do you post from you 6680 on here? Opera?

Sounds like an idea, just brwosing this forum on my mobile!

I love symbian mobiles! which are nokia!! and have full access to the internet!!!

Stuart

Ben
18th August 2005, 07:33 PM
Just use the built in browser, stuartturrell, it works great! :)