View Full Version : Orange Monkeys

Boudreaux
3rd August 2005, 06:39 PM
I'm an Orange Monkey! Any others out there>?

Ben
3rd August 2005, 06:51 PM
Welcome to Talk3G!

There sure are, I'm sure they'll make themselves known to you soon :D

Jon3G
3rd August 2005, 07:49 PM
Welcome

Any inside infor would be very welcome

Any news on the N series

3g-g
5th August 2005, 01:06 AM
I'd consider myself more a Chimp than a Monkey;)

Ben
5th August 2005, 01:43 AM
What'd I tell ye! There's one now! *runs off to get his harpoon gun*

fat jez
5th August 2005, 12:40 PM
Well, since they pay peanuts, I guess that makes me one too . :D

Which part of Orange?

Cheers,
Jez

3g-g
5th August 2005, 04:26 PM
Bristol.. does eveyone from Bristol not work for Orange?

fat jez
5th August 2005, 05:30 PM
Bristol.. does eveyone from Bristol not work for Orange?

Well, given Bristol covers Finance, Marketing, HR, Customer Services and Technical, I was kind of hoping you'd be a bit more specific ;)

Cheers,
Jez

simax
29th December 2005, 10:06 PM
I'm an Orange Retail Monkey in Cornwall :)

Been working for Orange for 9 months, but been selling Orange since July 1994. Happy days!

fat jez
29th December 2005, 10:28 PM
I am an ex Orange monkey as of the 23rd December :D

Cheers,
Jez

Ben
29th December 2005, 10:40 PM
Hullo simax, LTNS! O keeping you busy I see :p

Where are you off to now, jez? I hope you'll still keep us 3G nuts company!

fat jez
30th December 2005, 12:27 PM
I'll still be around. But after 7 years of working at the coal face, I'm off to work as a customer support engineer for a telecoms supplier. Basically I'll be supporting networks like Orange who use our equipment, but on a worldwide basis.

Cheers,
Jez

getti
30th December 2005, 05:32 PM
Welcome

Any inside infor would be very welcome

Any news on the N series

Orange are now testing the Nokia N90 on their network. As far as i know it will be a generic phone but sold on Orange but will work for 3G things such as video calling and Orange World.

Also expect to see Orange selling cement around about the same time so you can stick them together because that thing sure is a brick!.

Hands0n
30th December 2005, 05:42 PM
Hey Jez, enjoy the new job - sounds like you'll be seeing a lot of the inside of airport lounges also :) I did 5 years of that a while back .... it was "interesting" - but I got a ton of club points in the process (Virgin used to be the best).

@N90 - the N90 is basically a telly with a phone stuck on the side, it seems. It'll be interesting to see how that makes out in the UK. We are a nation of watchers - so it should do well in many circles. But as a mobile handset I do not see it making it .... the marketing pitch will have to be carefully constructed if it is not to fail.

Ben
30th December 2005, 05:44 PM
Gawd, why would anyone launch the N90 so long after it first made it's debut? I mean, I guess it's nice that a network will carry it, but boy, Orange are as behind on getting handsets out the door as ever.

Still, it features the new hi-res'ness of the new Nokia S60's, so perhaps it's more of a testing exercise to get things ready for N80mania. Orange have all their little symbian applications which will need beautifying for it!

Hands0n
30th December 2005, 05:47 PM
They've got to do something to replace the absolutely awful OTV (MobiTV)!

Alio
22nd July 2006, 08:26 PM
They've got to do something to replace the absolutely awful OTV (MobiTV)!

Your not kiddin :eek: