View Full Version : High Speed Fizzy Pop!

3g-g
6th August 2005, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure if Coca Cola have thought this one through properly, I've a strange feeling this drink won't last if it does appear on the shelves! However, I'm all for eating my hat etc.

Could one of the operators jump in there for an association type tie in if the drink is a success? Bets on HTL... I'm giving 10/1 on them ;)

Original arrtice here. (http://www.cellular-news.com/story/13673.php)

The UK magazine, Marketing Week has reported that Coca-Cola is planning to launch a new soft drink, called Sprite3G next month. The drink presumably has nothing to do with 3G phones, but might be trying to capitalize on the association with high speed, modern mobile phones. The drink will reportedly be a high-energy drink - appropriate association with high speed data downloads ?

A source told the magazine, "Coca-Cola will rely on Sprite branding to ensure the success of this variant, but it will depend on the drink's taste - the market needs a good-tasting energy drink. Consumers drink Red Bull because of the function it serves, rather than because it tastes good. It has a mighty stranglehold on the category."

Coca-Cola refused to confirm the activity as Marketing Week went to press.

www.sprite3g.com - could well be the new web site - it points to the Coca-cola web site at the moment.

Hypnotic
6th August 2005, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if Coca Cola have thought this one through properly, I've a strange feeling this drink won't last if it does appear on the shelves! However, I'm all for eating my hat etc.

Could one of the operators jump in there for an association type tie in if the drink is a success? Bets on HTL... I'm giving 10/1 on them ;)

Original arrtice here. (http://www.cellular-news.com/story/13673.php)

There'll be enough caffiene in it to make anyone high speed.

3GScottishUser
7th August 2005, 12:48 PM
Interesting.

I wonder if the flow of liquid suddenly stops for no reason when you try and drink it. Perhaps the ring pull will break and you wont be able to get a drink at all on some samples. Will the fizz sound like the crackle and pops you get on some 3g networks?

Maybe it'll be a Superdrug exclusive sold alongside you know what!!!!