View Full Version : Bizzare network hiccup...

Ben
7th August 2005, 12:48 AM
Someone called me the other day while I was at a garden centre. I wasn't even in 3G signal, to my knowledge.

My 6680 was in my pocket, and as soon as it started to ring I took it out and answered it. I was greeted by a bleep and looked at the screen to see "disconnected". Strange, I thought, call must have dropped.

Anyway, they called back on my Vodafone (Vertu, winning combination!) and apparently they'd been ringing for some time and had actually gone through to the Orange answerphone. That seems impossible given that I'd answered the phone almost immediately and that I'd been told the call was disconnected?

Can anyone suggest a technical explanation that might cover this issue? Or is it just one of those bizzare and unrepeatable hiccups that tend to happen from time to time?

MORPH
7th August 2005, 09:06 AM
(Vertu, winning combination!)

You've got a vertu? You got the £20,000 gold one? ;)

Ben
7th August 2005, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately not the gold one :( Mine's an Ascent with LiquidMetal alloy casing. The sound quality and online performance generally are astounding though - good old Yamaha - and together with Vodafone it has to be the most reliable piece of comms kit I've ever owned.

Hence why when Orange goes titsup I can be sure it'll ring a few seconds later :\

Ben
7th August 2005, 11:19 PM
UPDATE: Tonight, not only did a call drop, but then the re-call back to my handset when to the answerphone - to which I was alerted by a missed call alert message. :( Orange = Flakey down here!