View Full Version : Vodafone videocall problems

3GScottishUser
7th August 2005, 10:23 PM
Used my Z500 to videocall today.

What a disaster.

First I got a 'network congestion' message. (With less than 250K 3G users?)

Then on re-try an engaged tone......

Then the pnone decided to feeze....

Both for video and voice calls.... it had to be be rebooted to solve the problem.

A poor show. Reported to Vodafone who were very interested about the symptoms and the effects. The CSA took careful note of the problems stated and checked 3G coverage etc.

I now have a reference number about the issue and have been told a technical rep will contact me within the nest few days (they took an alternative contact number also).

We shall see.... I will report back in due course.

3GScottishUser
10th August 2005, 02:50 PM
Update.

Got a call from a pleasent technical person this morning. The congestion message is standard and after some checking it has been discovered I live in a boundry area with limited 3G sigal strength. I have been asked to monitor the situation and report back if problem reoccurs and they will then process an 'enhanced coverage request'.

Nice to hear them taking things seriously, I appreciiate that and will see how things go.

Hands0n
13th August 2005, 04:10 PM
Before my hols used Vodafone "free" Videocall using an LG U8120 (unlocked of course) to a pal on Orange with a 6680. That was a 26 minute continuous call with very little problem with audio or video quality, only an occasional very short artefract interference which did not adversely affect the overall call enjoyability.

So, there's hope for you should you use the facility in better 3G coverage areas.

The 3G companies have to get Videocall working well if they are ever to make a penny bean on it. Otherwise it is likely to fall into disuse for a long time before the consumer gives it another go. Tariffs have to be made much more attractive also - learn the lessons of SMS in its early "60p a pop" days.