View Full Version : Poor Coverage? Prince Andrew can help!

3g-g
8th August 2005, 12:34 AM
Not a bad little earner if you're a royal! I wonder if we could all just call the Ops and ask them for 10 grand a year for a mast in your back garden?!

MORE often in strife for his high-flying, big-spending ways, Prince Andrew is now raising eyebrows with plans to cash in on mobile phones.

He is trying to raise money by putting a cluster of mobile phone masts on the roof of his palace in Windsor. Reception in the area is poor and mobile phone companies are on the lookout for good mast locations.

The prince -- who has spent $17,500,000 refurbishing Royal Lodge -- has approached mobile phone companies with the offer of putting up their masts in return for payments thought to be up to $11,700 a year, the Mail on Sunday newspaper reported.

Vodafone said the prince's office had approached it with a proposal to site one of its masts at his home.

Original. (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15884774%255E663,00.html)

miffed
8th August 2005, 08:24 AM
Hmmm , and what happens when the mast requires maintenance ? can an engineer just turn up and fix it ?

I suppose that some rules of access would have to be agreed provisionally , but Imagine the trouble it could cause if maintenance was by "royal appointment" only ?

Ben
8th August 2005, 10:17 AM
Does this mean that the "By Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen" logo will be appearing on Vodafone products from now on? :| I saw the Queen as more of an O2 lady myself, bumbling around with her XDA and firing off text messages to Charles reminding him that she isn't dead yet and he's not having a sniff of the crown until she is.