View Full Version : Free Moto V975 and 18 months free!!!!

3GScottishUser
9th August 2005, 04:30 PM
I know what you are thinking .... it cant be?

It is - from Phones4U.

A free Motorola V975 on an 18 month T/T600 contract.

You get 6 moths 1/2 price line rental and get a cashback of £270 at month 6.

You then drop to the lowest package at £15/month.

Total you pay is £270 (18 X £15) which you got back at month 6!!!

He He He..... bonkers....and of course Phones4U ain't giving them away as a free service!!

Wonder if we will seee an offer where they pay you to have the thing....it can't be far off!

BTW: You could get this thing and pay the bills and sell off the handset on e-bay and be up on the deal - no probs!

If you can be bothered....http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_details.asp?ItemKey=133720&MPItemKey=134478

solo12002
9th August 2005, 08:30 PM
LOL

Its a wonder they no out of stock yet?

3GScottishUser
9th August 2005, 08:35 PM
I imagine its still a 'hard sell'. Too many now know about the drawbacks and problems with 3 and the deal itself is so crazy that is seems 'too good to be true' making it harder to sell than other stuff.

We will know when 3 have 'made it' when they can get similar revenue from deals that look similar to the other networks. Hutchison must be utterly embarrassed watcing dealers give away their new technology UNTS UK communications network like this.

bsrjl1
9th August 2005, 08:50 PM
I guess they think you'll stay on the same tarriff for the full 18 months. Just hope there's still a £15 tarriff in 9 months to change to, or else it will cost...

Ben
9th August 2005, 10:06 PM
That's a good point actually, bsrj1 - if my memory serves me correctly people have been bitten on Three before after buying offers with the expectation of making changes to their tariff at a later date but finding out, many months down the line, that things have changed completely.

Plus.... you really would have to pay me to take that phone :D

3GScottishUser
10th August 2005, 09:12 AM
LOL.... well they are paying you really to take not just the phone but the service!! (If you take into account the proceeds from the sale of the handset).

I suspect there will be a lower tarriff of some description to move to 6 months down the line but perhaps you may have to downgrade in stages. I know 3 only allow you to move down one tarriff stage per month currently. Should be no problem moving from T/T 600 to Talk 100 though as that is really just one step down the range....however they have introduced all those other T/T tarriffs....Hmmmmm....