View Full Version : Very Cosey!

Ben
11th August 2005, 02:46 AM
This made me chuckle. It's about what happened when Vodafone consumed Singlepoint in 2003.

"O2 Customers

As well as connecting customers to Vodafone, Singlepoint connected some customers to the O2 network. If you were connected to O2, there will be no change to your mobile number, your network or your monthly charges. Your bills will now be sent by Vodafone, although you will remain connected to O2 and will have access to O2 services, not Vodafone services."

LoL! How fantastic is that - on O2 but getting bills from Vodafone. Love it :D

Nero
11th August 2005, 09:17 AM
Any chance you can post a link to the original reference?

Cheers

3GScottishUser
11th August 2005, 09:29 AM
Have a look at Vodafone's T + C's. They still refer to services provided by Vodafone and 02. i suspect this is a throwback to the days when Vodafone aquired lots of independent airtime retailers that sold both, they simply continued to provide the same service. Why not?

Here's what they have on the V-Store T + C's website:

Airtime Agreement Terms and Conditions

1) Definitions

a) "we" or "us" means the service provider named on your order form.

b) "you" or "your" means the customer named on the order form.

c) "mobile device" means your mobile phone or other equipment used to access the services and the SIM card.

d) "Services" means the basic service providing two-way communication via the Vodafone Limited ("Vodafone") or O2 (UK) Limited ("O2") network (as chosen by you on the order form) and such other services as made available to you by us from time to time.

e) "SIM card" means your Subscriber Identity Module, which enables you to use the Services when used with a mobile device.

f) "Term" means an initial minimum period as shown in your selected price plan starting on the date of connection of your mobile device.

Ben
11th August 2005, 11:36 AM
Any chance you can post a link to the original reference?

Cheers
I can't unfortunately because the Vodafone site insists on assigning sessions to viistors which soon expire rendering links useless.

Go to http://www.vodafone.com/ and type singlepoint in the search box - it's the second result down under "Search Results".