View Full Version : K600i OUT NOW on Orange

Ben
11th August 2005, 03:04 AM
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handsets/all/all/3g

"The K600i is a feature-packed 3G phone with a 1.3-megapixel camera for Photo and Video messaging."

3G
Mega Pixel Camera
MP3 player
talk 3.0 hrs
standby 10.0 days
weight: 105.0g

Prices start at £129.99 to free depending on the talk plan chosen.

RichH6109
11th August 2005, 07:29 PM
Hmmm...interesting. I wonder if this means the K608i will be out on 3 soon.

I find Orange's tariff confusing. If I want to make video calls do I have to buy GPRS bundles? How many video calls does 10Mb equate to - or is this just e-mail/internet related?

EDIT: Scratch that, just noticed that the K608i is available!!

Ben
11th August 2005, 07:33 PM
Video calling is not packet switched, it's circuit switched - so it doesn't touch your data allowance.

3G handsets attract three months of inclusive video calls from Orange - 30 or 60 minutes a month depending on the value of your tariff. Outside and after that, video calling costs 50ppm on and off net at any time.

Orange's GPRS bundles, on a different note, are considered to be the best value currently available. You get 1GB of data (!!!) for the first 3 months if you buy a 3G phone on Orange. After that you'll need a good bundle if you plan to consume a lot of data - but you'll be able to guage that on your first 3 bills.

RichH6109
11th August 2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for that. I went to the Orange website but could find nothing on inclusive minutes, so I plumped for the K608i on Talk, Text and Video 700 on Three (wish me luck, it's the only provider I haven't used thus far).

3GScottishUser
11th August 2005, 08:02 PM
I like the look of the SE K-600i but when you see it as a display phone in Vodafone shops it feels really cheap and nasty. I suspect the real thing is much nicer but its quite a bit bigger than what qualifies as a pocket sized handset these days. It'll sell I'm sure but its not in the same class as the Samsung Z500 which is identical to its E720 GSM stablemate.

Ben
11th August 2005, 08:15 PM
See, I understand where you're coming from on the plastic front - but that's just the Vodafone butchered version. Size, however, is very reasonable IMHO - it makes for a nice compact handset.

Good luck on Three Rich, be sure to keep us updated on your experiences.