View Full Version : K608i now available from 3 UK

3GScottishUser
12th August 2005, 01:22 AM
Now featured on the 3 UK website the SonyEricsson K608i, Hutchison's verion of the smart 3G candybar handset.

They are providing it free on most tarriffs on 18 month deals.

Full details: www.three.co.uk

Ben
12th August 2005, 02:34 AM
It'll sell like hotcakes :D

I'm really glad this handset is out there - if you own it please do keep us all updated!

RichH6109
13th August 2005, 03:58 PM
Just got this and I'm very impressed with the functionality so far. One question about Three though - do they remove games from every model? G/f's 6680 seems devoid of all games and I don't appear to have the Vijay Singh golf game on my K608i. What am I going to do on long train journeys now !?!?

Ben
13th August 2005, 04:11 PM
Pay, that's what you're going to have to do. There's a selection of games for sale on Three's intranet... I guess that's the idea! :( You can probably find some Java games online and put them on via a cable.

Keep us updated with your experiences! Any immediate observations?

3GScottishUser
13th August 2005, 06:52 PM
Games are extorionate on 3. Some you only get to rent too for a limited period. Shocking value when Vodafone do a decenct selection for £1 each.

Robbing customers after signing them up is a very shortsighted strategy me thinks.

3SellerNW
26th September 2005, 04:52 PM
Games are extorionate on 3. Some you only get to rent too for a limited period. Shocking value when Vodafone do a decenct selection for £1 each.

Robbing customers after signing them up is a very shortsighted strategy me thinks.

Pay £5 a month for video pack and get unlimited games to rent, plus loads of other content free, such as news, comedy, AGPS services, horoscopes, etc, etc...

I think £5 is dirt cheap, so have to disagree with you on the "extortionate" argument.

Even the £5 games to buy and keep are great quality.

3togone
26th September 2005, 05:50 PM
Nice looking handset. Is it likely to be available SIM-free?

What customisiations do "3" apply to to the K608i as there seem to be some floating around unlocked on *bay?

Ben
26th September 2005, 05:53 PM
£5 a month for unlimited games to rent sounds good!

It's still all very pricey for the casual mobile gamer though. Orange are quite dear also. I think £5 just for a game to play on a tiny screen is pretty terrible myself... but that's probably why I don't buy mobile games ;)

I daresay the operators have set the prices at the most they can get their customers to pay. If there's a market for mobile games at that price then thats where the price will stay. Unfortunately, from my experience, kids don't really value money so much as us grownups - they'll flush a fiver of credit on almost anything :(

Back to the K608i - the K60x is such a nice phone, surely 3's biggest seller right now - it's the one all the stores seem to have seized upon.

3SellerNW
26th September 2005, 07:17 PM
£5 a month for unlimited games to rent sounds good!

It's still all very pricey for the casual mobile gamer though. Orange are quite dear also. I think £5 just for a game to play on a tiny screen is pretty terrible myself... but that's probably why I don't buy mobile games ;)

I daresay the operators have set the prices at the most they can get their customers to pay. If there's a market for mobile games at that price then thats where the price will stay. Unfortunately, from my experience, kids don't really value money so much as us grownups - they'll flush a fiver of credit on almost anything :(

Back to the K608i - the K60x is such a nice phone, surely 3's biggest seller right now - it's the one all the stores seem to have seized upon.

As far as I am concerned, it's ok, but just ok. LG8360 and Nok 6680 are better phones.

My best seller is LG8360, prior to that was 6680 / V975 and E1000.

SE is ok, but I don't like menus / size of keys / no memory expansion.

@NickyColman
26th September 2005, 09:54 PM
£5 for unlimited game downloads is one hell of a deal! Plus, in a way, renting is a much better idea than downloading a game too keep. On average most people i would imagine complete a game in a few turns or simply stop using it after a while.

Renting, however, gives a few weeks or days to have a good old play, then once your done you can simply get rid, knowing you havent paid rediculous prices for it!

I reckon there should be Gaming Packs out their for mobile gamers! Im sure the kiddy market would thrive on it!