View Full Version : How did you hear about Talk3g.co.uk?

3GScottishUser
4th April 2005, 04:49 PM
We are doing our best to build this forum into a valuable resource for mobile users throughout the UK.

We would be interested to know how you heard of us.

Your response to the poll above will assist us when releasing information about the site to third party organistaions to encourage membership.

Thanks for your help!

Regards.

3GSU

delinquentwoody
9th April 2005, 12:50 AM
I first heard about it, i think someone brielfy mentioned it on the 'other' 3g forum, which has really gone downhill a lately!! i noticed that you lot all emigrated here, since then its just been really boring basically, and its gone mega strict on the censorship. every post has to be verified by the administrator before it goes out now!! as if!

3GScottishUser
9th April 2005, 10:12 AM
Oh Dear...... well you can rest assured we will be keeping an eye on things here but we dont envisage having to delay and pre approve postings.

Hope you enjoy Talk3GUK..... tell your contacts to join us and if you have any suggestions, let us have them.

Regards

Ben
9th April 2005, 07:27 PM
Indeed - don't forget to refer people! The user with the most referrals will win the international text messaging account with 300 messages to send.

Seriously though, we want to enhance the way you interact with Talk3G, not hinder it. If there's anything you want to suggest to help improve the forum then just contact myself or one of the moderators. We're running a very open ship and we want everyone to be involved.

Jon3G
14th April 2005, 07:11 PM
Heard about it in another forum(and yes has gone down hill)

Hands0n
14th April 2005, 10:53 PM
Ditto (cue Demi Moore )

JB's Best Mate
19th April 2005, 11:25 PM
Heard about it on another forum.

3GScottishUser
20th April 2005, 12:18 AM
Interesting..... thanks for that.... nice avaitar BTW!

Ben
20th April 2005, 12:27 AM
lmao yeah, very cool! Oo someone actually found us via a search engine! lol. Hopefully that will improve as time goes by. To all who read this, remember that the glorious VIPSMS texting prize is still up for grabs! Get referring before the end of April :D Details here: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45

Keep voting!

TheBrit
21st April 2005, 12:37 PM
Yes me too, the 'other' forum. I still find that my posts are being moderated there and don't appear even though I'm trying to be helpful.

3g-g
22nd April 2005, 08:43 AM
Hi TheBrit,

Thanks for adding to our ever building community!

G.

maven
22nd April 2005, 04:48 PM
I became tired of the concentration camp-like style of moderating on *that* site and longed for somewhere more free like this :)

3g-g
27th April 2005, 01:06 AM
lmao yeah, very cool! Oo someone actually found us via a search engine! lol. Hopefully that will improve as time goes by. To all who read this, remember that the glorious VIPSMS texting prize is still up for grabs! Get referring before the end of April :D Details here: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45

Keep voting!

Just to bring it back to the forefront of everyone's minds! There's only 3 days left before the user with the most referrals wins our prize for April as can be seen in Ben's post above.

So get signed up if you haven't... and tell everyone you know who talks 3G to get over to Talk3G!

BrouZe
12th May 2005, 12:40 PM
I found this forum(and a lot of my old friends too) from a reply that 3GSU made in response to a post I made on a newsgroup (so he is down as my referrer)

I became tired of the concentration camp-like style of moderating on *that* site and longed for somewhere more free like this :)
Thats not quite fair. The increase in moderators and their actions was to clean up the forum from the spammers and to stop the constant personal attacks , most of which sadly were aimed at 3GSU.

Nice to see you all again though :)

3GScottishUser
12th May 2005, 03:52 PM
Good to see you too! Well you wont find any 'flaming' here.... we dont tolerate persoanlised posts at all and those who do that stuff know they just would'nt last.

Take a look around, its opinionated of course but quite free from the irrelevance that plauged other places and we intend to keep it that way!

Lots of good quality reading and research and as far as 3G news gose we are about as up to date as anywhere else.

N-Joy!

timothythetim
15th May 2005, 04:15 PM
was lookin for some 6680 info and ben's review came up in google, third page of results, mind

gorilla
1st June 2005, 10:53 AM
Well I must apologise, I've been lurking on here for about a week before registering and now posting.
I found this site through google. I was looking for reviews of the 6680 and info about 3g. Ben's review came up and I haven't looked back since.
So thank you.
I have a 6680 on the 3 network and so far so good.

HutchRULEz
21st August 2005, 11:58 AM
I keep having a look on here and all that, but only just decided to register here, oops.

I heard it on another forum (are we allowed to say it here? I think its the one your all talking about). But none of my posts are ever moderated. they were back in march and april and all that but i think they got rid of it. but did they really delete your accounts just because you set up this one? i cant really believe that because one of their moderators is an admin of a symbian forum!!

Anyway, its a nice little forum here, shame about the constant 3 slagging though. I think we get the point. I actually like that network because of it's reliability nowadays. Keep up the good work :D

Hands0n
21st August 2005, 12:24 PM
@HutchRULEz - welcome to Talk3g, we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find the forum useful.

Yup, you can mention the name of any other forum you like on here.

Yup, the forum some of us used to occupy deleted our accounts on there immediately that they saw us register on here. But that [apparent] policy of theirs is of no matter really.

"3 slagging" - I guess they are still fair game all over the forums. Improvements in their network coverage in the South East seems to be very effective. Some reports from the likes of Scotland appear to not meet expectation nor match what they have done in the SE. You will find both sides of the coin discussed on this forum - and hopefully see a true balance of opinion, or at least that which reflects the [at least percieved] reality, warts and all. So contribute away, all viewpoints entirely welcomed.

whatleydude
21st August 2005, 11:45 PM
Actually.. I was searching online on how to setup the IM program on my 6630.

I stumbled across this here site.. had a read around and then decided to join up.

Nice.

Ben
7th September 2005, 01:56 AM
Thank you all for your continued comments.

As a relatively new resource, it is important for us to be able to determine how our new users are arriving here. Therefore I respectfully ask that posts on this thread relate directly to the thread topic: How did you hear about Talk3g.co.uk?

We have an area for general questions and comments (https://talk3g.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11), but any specific gripes or probes can be emailed to us directly (https://talk3g.co.uk/sendmessage.php) - you are assured a prompt response.

3togone
26th September 2005, 04:59 PM
I gave up with the other two 3G forae - one over-moderated (and still insists on spamming me by email) the other seemed to have descended into chaos. Had problems posting n both recently, I suspect that everything from by isp had been block-blacklisted.

I've recently ported out from VT500 on "3" and gone across to Vodafone - sim-only, 30 day contract - almost all the features of my 3G handsets are working and of course there is real internet access. I also have a 3-to-Go account that I'm keeping live to monitor the network.

Good luck with the site...