View Full Version : Nokia Stereo Audio Adapter

gorilla
15th August 2005, 12:30 PM
Hi, has anyone got one of these (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7120.htm) and do they work?

Cheers

Gorilla

Ben
15th August 2005, 01:40 PM
Looks good to me! Can't imagine why it wouldn't work, but obviously you're not going to be able to use normal headphones as a hands free due to the lack of mic. Good for music though I'd imagine, and at £8 they're probably worth a road test.

cyberkid999
15th August 2005, 08:31 PM
Hi, has anyone got one of these (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7120.htm) and do they work?

Cheers

Gorilla

I have a better solution that you can have for a fiver. Its a standard HDS-3 headset but where the two wires come out of the mic to go to the individual earpieces they go instead to a 3.5 mm stereo line jack so you can use any normal stereo headphones but you also have the mic and call button.
I can email you a picture if you give my your address...

gorilla
16th August 2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks cyberkid, but I'll give it a miss.

whatleydude
25th August 2005, 07:00 PM
I have a better solution that you can have for a fiver. Its a standard HDS-3 headset but where the two wires come out of the mic to go to the individual earpieces they go instead to a 3.5 mm stereo line jack so you can use any normal stereo headphones but you also have the mic and call button.
I can email you a picture if you give my your address...

Where did you get that from Cyberkid?
Did you make it yourself?

I like the one that Gorilla pointed to though.. *gives it serious thought*

What I'm after ideally is the male version of that lead. So I can plug my phone into the aux on my stereo system y'know?

Any ideas anyone?

gorilla
26th August 2005, 10:13 AM
Nokia Music Pack
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7382.htm

That pack includes this:
"Nokia Audio Cable CA-72U

Connecting your compatible phone to a home stereo system for stereo playback or recording
Connector 3.5 mm connector to phone and two RCA connectors to home entertainment system
1.50 m "

I would assume that if you just get the adapter, you could then buy one of these leads from an electronics store.

whatleydude
26th August 2005, 11:44 AM
Cheers mate -

But £50?!

Jeez... I don't need one that bad!

Lol..

But - Your post was very helpful though - I think I'm going to get a Nokia Audio Adapter AD-15 - which lets you plug in your own earphones.

And then - if I get a separate lead/adaptor for it which plugs into an aux.. then I'm sorted.

Found the Nokia Audio Adapter AD-15 at Expansys. £13. Not bad eh?
Cheers for your help dude.

gorilla
26th August 2005, 12:21 PM
Aye £50 is a bit steep, but your also get a 256mb memory card as well. Your best option is what you've outlined above.

I think £13 is the standard price for them, I haven't found them any cheaper other than the copies on ebay which look a bit cheap.

Who would have thought 5 years ago that we would be plugging our phones into our hifi systems for music playback.

whatleydude
26th August 2005, 12:26 PM
I know mate!
Its brilliant..

I'll report back soon with my progress..

cyberkid999
26th August 2005, 07:49 PM
Cheers mate -

But £50?!

Jeez... I don't need one that bad!

Lol..

But - Your post was very helpful though - I think I'm going to get a Nokia Audio Adapter AD-15 - which lets you plug in your own earphones.

And then - if I get a separate lead/adaptor for it which plugs into an aux.. then I'm sorted.

Found the Nokia Audio Adapter AD-15 at Expansys. £13. Not bad eh?
Cheers for your help dude.

whats wrong with this one at £7.95 (plus postage)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7120.htm

or you could make your own with a 70p socket from Maplins and your existing headset.

whatleydude
27th August 2005, 10:39 AM
Nice one chap - cheers.

I'm currently bidding on one at £9 on ebay (inc p&p) - if I get outbid then that's where I'll head next.

whatleydude
28th August 2005, 06:17 PM
As predicted - I was outbid.

Mobilefun here I come!

:)