View Full Version : Question about video playback on Z500

kurtfhouse
15th August 2005, 08:47 PM
O.k after deciding to upgrade to a 3g handset on Orange I went for the 6680 but was disappointed with it, Orange completely messed up the phone with their stupid homescreen which stole half the memory and rendered themes and active stanby useless and unuseable so I sent it back.

I am now thinking of going for the Z500 but am wondering if you can play whole feature films on it if I convert them to MP4 and put them on the MicroSD?

I know its not a smartphone which I have now become used to but I like the idea of carrying a phone which actually fits in my pocket.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kurt

3GScottishUser
15th August 2005, 09:24 PM
I have not tried MP4 yet on my Z500 but I have downloaded some 3GP files and they work well. The files have to be rendered to suit the screen resolution and that can be a bit of a pain. Not sure if the small battery on the Z500 is up to whole feature film viewing, you may need to power it externally for heavy use like the above.

Overall if you want a small 3G phone the Z500 is the current benchmark in terms of size, weight, style and functions. 3G applications, games and imaging are power hungry and one has to bear in mind the size of the battery limits the quantity of these 'secondary' functions that can be used.