View Full Version : Will 3 UK have any stats soon?

3GScottishUser
16th August 2005, 11:32 PM
3 Australia have provided some statistics as to their growth and their progress.

It's not great news. Aquisitions have slowed and ARPU is down slightly, churn is also kicking in, but overall they seem to be making some progress and with costs of their network now shared by Telstra the future looks pretty OK for 3 down under.

What chance we see some facts about the UK situation?

Have they managed to maintain pre-pay clients? Have they gained or lost contract customers? Are those who are on the network spending enough to make it viable? What has been the average aquisition cost?

Some interesting questions bearing in mind a lot has changed since January 2005.

What do you think?

Vote in the poll above and leave your comments below about 3's UK progress.

miffed
17th August 2005, 07:52 AM
I'd have to take a "fourth"

I suspect the figures will be released , and they will be favourable , bang on target or even better !

How those figures are acheived will be the predictable too - I suspect in the next few months H3G will go into "giveaway" mode again , and the difference this time is that they have two proper handsets under their belt in the form of the SE & the Nokia

Ben
17th August 2005, 01:11 PM
I suspect the figures will be released , and they will be favourable , bang on target or even better !
Agree completely... whether it's 'for real' or not, I can't see Three publishing negative figures.

3GScottishUser
17th August 2005, 01:40 PM
It'll be hard to swallow an increase in subscribers since March 2005.

OK they have shifted some contract stuff but nothing which will have compensated for the Three-Pay desertion. One also has to remember that many will have ditched LG U8120's and Nokia 7600's now for better handsets (not 3G ones).

All in all you would need a truck load of salt to take any increase on 3.02 million UK subs seriously.

miffed
17th August 2005, 02:27 PM
I'm sure if they dig deep enough they'll find something positive to report ,And whatever that something is you can bet the press release will be based around it
Record breaking ARPU anyone ? ;)