View Full Version : Remote Camera

3g-g
18th August 2005, 12:31 AM
I was a bit bored and having a stumble around the Nokia website (my 6680 is due next week! soooo excited!) and I found this.. I'm sure most of you will of seen it before, however there are always a few things that Nokia invent/manufacture that impress me, this being one of them. (http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,64719,00.html)

I remember seeing ages ago more of their imagewear, like, necklaces with a small screen on them so you could take a picture on your mobile and transfer it to the imagewear item, not really something I'd use, however I could see a market in mothers/fathers that would like to keep images of their family nearby etc, a bit like a locket, but much more techi!

Back to the camera in the link above. Why aren't things like this more actively promoted? Fair enough I don't know the price of it, or how it works (network MMS charging wise, contracts etc) but it could be such a handy thing! Imagine out for the night, you park the car, you leave this hidden but in view of the window, someone breaks in, hey presto you get an image sent direct to your phone with a picture of the culprit as well as the notification instantly that something has happened to your motor! Look at the features it has... infra red night vision, motion and temperature sensors.. you can even call it and listen to what's happening around it... it's pure James Bond! The car security was just the first thing that popped into my head, I'm sure you could all think of more if you tried!

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you.

Ben
18th August 2005, 01:57 AM
That camera is absolutely amazing. I'm absolutely getting one! :D

Cheers G, great find - why that wasn't actively promoted I have no idea.

TheBrit
18th August 2005, 05:57 PM
Now THAT'S a good idea. Where can I get one?

Ben
18th August 2005, 07:36 PM
A few online stores seem to have them, including Expansys: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=115851&partner=register

whatleydude
19th August 2005, 07:38 AM
You can get a piece of symbian software that aloows you to do a similar thing.
Leave your phone in a certain place, text a codeword to your phone from any other colour/MMS mobile and then your phone takes a pic and sends it to you..

..I have it on freeware if anyone would like it - its a cheaper option!
:)