View Full Version : Email Notification Comment

dgilbert2
19th August 2005, 02:37 PM
I've noticed that a number of posts, including my own get forgotton. I then realised that my "email notifcation" of replies to posts was off.

Would be worth considering that this is switched on by default, then everyone knows when their posts get a reply.

3g-g
19th August 2005, 02:44 PM
It's a valid point dgilbert2, however I'm not sure that eveyone who posts on the forum would like, by default, notification of replies to their posts. Also, there are some users that seldom post on the forum, perhaps only once, however their question may receive replies for months to come after the original post was made, I'm not sure if they'd be happy with an email inbox full of notifications.

Nevertheless, I shall put it to Admin to make the final decision.

Thanks for your valued feedback.

G.

Ben
19th August 2005, 10:29 PM
Indeed, thanks for the suggestion, it's a very useful feature within vbulletin and one that countless people use.

Each admin has their own ways and, as you've noticed, subscribing to threads by default is not one of mine. The amount of email that gets generated can be rather intense, especially for heavy posters.

Instead, unless a great number of you feel strongly about this, I'd advise those of you interested in receiving these email alerts opt do to so manually.

Thanks, dgilbert2, hopefully on the back of this thread more members will opt to use this feature if they require it.