View Full Version : A big seller?

Ben
4th April 2005, 07:57 PM
I've seen quite a few of these handsets around lately. They're reasonably sized, cheaply priced, and I've heard very little about them whatsoever (which as we all know is usually a good thing). What's the deal? Selling like hotcakes?

It's basic, but if it does the job - who cares!

Features:
Supports all 3's video mobile services: video calling, video messaging & download video clips
Start watching 3's video content, such as MTV music videos, without waiting for a download with ‘Quickplay’ video streaming
Easy to use rotatable camera for video calling, and for taking photos and video clips.
Send video and picture messages to other phones or email.
Speakerphone for easy video calling and playback.
Personalise with Polyphonic ring-tones and wallpapers.

Specification:
Standard battery life (approx*):
Standby: 116 hrs
Talk time: 200 mins
Video call: 130 mins
Weight: 114g
Volume: 89cc
Screen:
Size 32 x 40mm
65,535 colours
Resolution 220 x 176 pixels
Memory: 17MB (internal)
Camera: Built-in camera, with 2 x Digital zoom and self timer

http://www.three.co.uk/handsets/paymonthlyhandsets.omp

3GScottishUser
5th April 2005, 08:37 PM
I have only seen a couple of folks with this handset. it does'nt seem to be widely available on ThreePay. Maybe there is little margin in it for the dealers or perhaps their previous experience of NEC has put them off stocking it.

I have had one NEC 3G phone (replaced during its time with me) and I dont think i'd give them another chance.

Jon3G
5th April 2005, 09:45 PM
I like NEC computer kit, but the phone range is just so cheap and tacky. But after all they do make the 3 network look good

fozzie
1st June 2005, 02:48 AM
The only place I have seen stocking them in Paisley is 3(Superdrug) & in the CPW brochure.

NEC did the job in the early days for 3 - the e606 saved their bacon but these days with SE & Nokia getting a grip on things its time NEC went back to component manufacture.... It is after all what they do best.... Apart from a minority dutch football team that is.