View Full Version : Live Roaming Problems

3GScottishUser
20th August 2005, 01:47 PM
Im on holiday just now and after 1 day away my Samsung Z500 refuses to allow access to Voadfaone Live.

All I get is Error 408 TimeOut.

I an send and receive voice, text, MMS, email etc no problem.

The eror message above appears when I rey to connect to any HTTP service.

Done all the usual stuff (Ben contacted Voda UK) like network changing, Sim wiping, rebooting, etc etc. It would be nice to get Live back again.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PS 3G Vodafone coverge in Portugal is fabulous. SOLID!!!

3GScottishUser
25th August 2005, 07:06 PM
Just an update - problem dissapeared after the weekend. Must have been a local issue in Portugal as things were fine in Spain.

3G is definately BIG in the South of Europe and in Germany for Vodafone. Coverage is very good and downloads are fast and very reliable. Just a shame that they have not rolled out in the UYK with the same enthusiasm.

Ben
25th August 2005, 07:08 PM
It's great to hear that there's plenty of coverage overseas. How goes the 3GSU World-3G tour? Have you been able to access everything via your handset that you've needed to?

Does the phone automatically stick with Vodafone where it's available?

whatleydude
25th August 2005, 07:12 PM
I noticed when I was in Spain that Vodafone ES' 3G download speed was SO much better than here in the UK.

Anyone know why?

3g-g
25th August 2005, 08:11 PM
I noticed when I was in Spain that Vodafone ES' 3G download speed was SO much better than here in the UK.

Anyone know why?

Quite possible that their 3G traffic isn't particularly huge, or they have multiple E1s supplying their WBTS, so there's always a good amount of bandwidth available.That's really the only technical reasons, other than that the networks should be almost identical.

3GScottishUser
27th August 2005, 10:00 AM
They have little or no 3G traffic in the UK either!

BTW: I saw quite a few Nokia 6630's being used in Portugal.

I agree that there is a noticable difference in 3G download speeds on Vodafone in Spain - coverage and performance is solid!