View Full Version : Reputation Points

Ben
20th August 2005, 02:14 PM
Hey folks,

Just a word on reputations. On each post you make, other members will see a set of scales as a small icon towards the top right. Clicking this icon allows you to either Approve or Disapprove of a post, and give a reason so the original poster knows why you opted as you did.

The reputation score of each member is displayed as a number of green or red squares towards the top right of each post. The more green squares a member has, the more reputable they are within the community.

If you feel that a post is particularly useful/relevant or you feel that a post has a negative impact then please do use the Reputation system.

Remember, however, that if a post breaches our Code of Conduct (https://talk3g.co.uk/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_codeofconduct) then you should use the report post icon to report it to a moderator.

All questions welcome.

dgilbert2
20th August 2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the explanation Ben, I was wondering what it meant.

For me though, clicking on the green squares in the upper right corner of a post does not do anything?

EDIT: I was clicking on the wrong part! I realise now you meant click on the icon that looks like a set of old fashioned scales :o

timothythetim
8th May 2006, 01:46 AM
Aaaaha! So that's what this reputation stuff is all about. :D
Didn't really understand what was going on with reputations until I looked at my user CP for the first time today (I was meant to be studying and was running out of distractions...).
Turns out there is a thread that explains what the deal is.
I really ought to properly look through the forum, rather than just clicking new posts each visit.