View Full Version : Nokia 6680 - a few months in

delinquentwoody
21st August 2005, 11:59 AM
Well it's been a few months since I've been on these boards, but thought I'd update you all on my mobile happenings.

I've had my 6680 on 3 for nearly 3 months now, and I have to say overall I am mightily impressed with it.

There are a couple of niggles ive experienced with it though, the first of which is it seems to drop calls all the time. I never experienced this problem at all with my previous handset (LG8110) but since getting this nokia, well I'll give you an example - a one hour phone call to my girlfriend the other night dropped the call 8 times - which was very frustrating. This is just one example, but it does seem to be like this all the time.

My second problem appeared only in the last week - and that is with the camera (or memory card?). I was taking a photo, and went to the gallery to look at it, and the message 'System Error' flashed up. The next thing I knew, and every photo (about 90 of them) from the memory card had disappeared. They were literally not there, although the memory card still had the memory for them 'in use'. Following this, every time i then tried to use the camera, i got the message 'system error' and the camera would not come on. Obviously the memory card had become corrupted somehow - I tried it in my girlfriends phone and the same problems appeared.

So i formatted the memory card - but in doing this I had to sacrifice every photo, purchased game, and video on the card which was very frustrating.

Apart from these niggles, I have to say the phone has proven to be very robust and would definitely recommend it as a handset, but just not on 3!

Ben
21st August 2005, 02:25 PM
The call dropping problem sounds very bizzare. Is the phone switching to 2G when the call drops, or does it remain on 3G? You could have a faulty handset there.

It also sounds like you have one of the faulty memory cards. Check out this thread: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=990&highlight=memory+card+nokia+bulletin

Thanks for keeping us updated with your experiences!