View Full Version : 6630/6680 unlocking

cyberkid999
22nd August 2005, 08:06 PM
just seen this posting on the other 3G forum...

now you can get these unlocked !!!
i have got my 6680 unlocked from this company.
seems they are only in the UK to offer this and the best

www.networkunlocking.com

is it for real?

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?p=156783&posted=1#post156783

Ben
22nd August 2005, 08:34 PM
"PRICE PER PHONE IS 47 UK POUNDS PER PHONE PLUS 3.50 FOR RETURN SECURE DELIVERY"

Even if it was for real... they're kidding, right? Talk about milking it! It'll take someone VERY brave to send them anything!

I see the original 'ad' was also posted by a 1-time-poster... so that only adds to the suspicion.

dgilbert2
22nd August 2005, 09:28 PM
With exception of 3, its cheaper to ask the networks for an unlock code!

gorilla
23rd August 2005, 09:24 AM
I see they are closed for the holidays now. They only accept payment by cash or postal order. It's a scam and that's not just the cynic in me either. They only provide an email address to contact them with.
There will be a free unlocking method in a few months and one of the forum members here will post about it and let us all know.

gorilla
23rd August 2005, 09:33 AM
Having thought about it a bit more, I'm not sure if I'm going to get mine unlocked.
By the time a viable option comes out, I'll be half way through my contract and I don't think it'll be worth it. Although, come the end of my contract I'll definitely want it unlocked, but I might just get three to do that for me.

Jon3G
23rd August 2005, 09:58 AM
If anyone is ripped off then contact this person, he is the owner of the website in question

networkunlocking.com
owner: Asrar Hussain
organization: C5 ELECTRONICS GROUP
email: [email protected]
address: 70 GREGORY BOULEVARD
address: Nottingham
city: Nottingham
state: England
postal-code: NG7 5JD
phone: 01159 786367

Jon3G
23rd August 2005, 09:59 AM
and more intersting this is the search on the .co.uk version and its been suspended

MMMM interesting

Fetching whois data for networkunlocking.co.uk

Domain Name:
networkunlocking.co.uk

Registrant:
C5 ELECTRONICS GROUP

Registrant's Address:
PO BOX 7717 NOTTINGHAM
NOTTINGHAM
NG8 6WW
GB

*** This Registration has been SUSPENDED ***

Registrant's Agent:
XCalibre Communications Ltd [Tag = XCALIBRE]
URL: http://www.xcalibre.co.uk

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 20-Jun-2003
Renewal Date: 20-Jun-2005
Last updated: 16-Mar-2004

Registration Status:
Renewal required.

Name servers listed in order:
ns1.xcalibre.co.uk 217.8.240.5
ns2.xcalibre.co.uk 217.8.240.6

WHOIS database last updated at 09:55:01 23-Aug-2005

--
(c) Nominet UK 1996 - 2005

For further information and terms of use please see http://www.nic.uk/whois
Nominet reserves the right to withhold access to this service at any time.

gorilla
21st September 2005, 04:18 PM
The whole unlocking topic has been a bit quiet for some time now. What do you think is going on? Is the BB5 (is that right?) system uncrackable? It is proving rather resilient in any case and I would suggest that future Nokia phones may prove much harder to unlock. I certainly did not think that after so many months a code would not be publicly available.

Hands0n
21st September 2005, 05:27 PM
There has been endless talk and speculation about BB5 to date. From what I read Nokia have managed to tie the coding to specific mobile network operators. Those get the kit [from Nokia] plus an encrypted key card to generate the codes to be used either remotely or with wires (depending on the kit). Thus the problem for the crackers is to discover and/or reserve engineer the encryption codes used to create something generic that will unlock all SP codes.

Everyone is saying "real soon now ........." but nothing of substance has happened yet!

This could be the death of the Unlocking community in years to come, if all manufacturers take the BB5 [style] route. I can't see why they would, it is only in the interests of the mobile operators - but if they [the manufacturers] felt pressured enough, as Nokia appear to have, they'll increase the difficulty to a point where it wont be financially worthwhile for the independent Unlocker manufacturers.

For my part, I cannot see how creating such robust locking codes is of any significant benefit to the Manufacturers - other than to appease the mobile network operators. They should be increasing their sell not only through the mobile ops but also through other more direct channels (the SIM-free market for instance). But thats just the heretic in me :)