View Full Version : No audible message alert?

Ben
25th August 2005, 04:48 PM
Hey!

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed that, sometimes, the phone doesn't give an audible alert when a text message is received. I'd not noticed it until a few days ago, but it has happened a few times since!

Software: v2.04.15 04-03-05 RM-36

ritaritz575
26th August 2005, 05:41 AM
Hey!

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed that, sometimes, the phone doesn't give an audible alert when a text message is received. I'd not noticed it until a few days ago, but it has happened a few times since!

Software: v2.04.15 04-03-05 RM-36

i haven't experience that ben, but maybe u should have nokia upgrade ur software..

MORPH
26th August 2005, 08:21 AM
v 3.04.11 RM-36 here, and no problems as yet, however I did have this same problem with my 6600, and a firmware upgrade sorted it.

gorilla
26th August 2005, 12:24 PM
I think I have the same firmware as you Ben, but I haven't noticed your problem.
What do you have as your alert? Is it one of the pre programmed ones or have you loaded on one of your own? I have an MP3 as my message tone.

Ben
26th August 2005, 12:46 PM
Cheers guys. It's a pre-programmed one. I'll keep an eye on it...

gorilla
1st September 2005, 11:25 AM
How's it going Ben? I'm almost certain I got a text yesterday and the alert didn't go off, it just vibrated. I don't know if this is the first time it's happened and i'm only aware of it now because of this thread. I'm beginning to wonder now.

Ben
1st September 2005, 11:40 AM
I'm sure mine has done it a few more times since, too, but as it's usually on my desk and it lights up still I tend to pick it up and read my message without thinking!

Something for us to keep an eye on...

Alex C.
11th September 2005, 04:49 PM
I came on here to find a solution to this problem :( I'm getting no message alert tones whatsoever, vibration seems to be sporadic as well...

Hands0n
11th September 2005, 04:53 PM
@Alex C - It is worth checking your phone's firmware version to see if it is the same or earlier than the above that have reported problems. If all else fails get it to CPW for a re-flash or repair.

Ben
11th September 2005, 06:10 PM
Have you tried changing your alert tone? See if they're all duff... might also be worth ensuring you've got all the volumes set as you'd want them just for good measure.

I noticed earlier when I got a text that my screen lit up but the phone didn't vibrate or beep.

Welcome to Talk3G!