View Full Version : The N90

@NickyColman
27th August 2005, 05:51 PM
Well, after about 5 minutes of carefull thinking and the use of top notch bartering skills, I gave in and bought myself the Nokia N90! Yes, thats right I am now the proud owner of the latest Nokia flagship phone!

I will be doing a full review on the beauty that is the N90 in the next couple of days, but for the time being I thought id upload some pics taken by my lovely N90!

Enjoy.

*note - a few pictures have a slight blurr in the top left hand corner, this is down to the fact i was determined to keep the camera sticker on for as long as possible!

3g-g
27th August 2005, 05:56 PM
I've gotta say, the quality of those images is amazing. By far the best I've seen from a phone camera, what's the resolution of it? Is it only a 1.3 or is a 2meg pix?

@NickyColman
27th August 2005, 05:59 PM
it is infact a 2MP and a mighty fine one it is! Its still very much a phone-camera, but its certainly going to give the lower spec digital cameras a run for their money! I daresare this might begin to signal the start of alliances between the phone manufacturers and digital camera makers!

chaslam
27th August 2005, 06:02 PM
Could I ask you where you got it from and how much?

@NickyColman
27th August 2005, 06:04 PM
San Eugena Centre, Playa Las Americas, Tenerife, the Canary Islands, Spain, lol

If your not willing to travel then your going to be waiting a while!

I paid, works out conversion, about £350 for it!

Hands0n
28th August 2005, 12:13 AM
Nice photos - the Nachos look delicious. Wots with the Chav-stylee Burberry camera in the background? :)

3g-g
28th August 2005, 12:28 AM
I spotted that too, however I've been brought up to be polite and not mention such things... Hands0n firing right in there with the questions! ;)

@NickyColman
28th August 2005, 12:28 PM
LOL! All I can say is that it isnt mine! And you cant really help the people you meet up with on holiday LOL! :D

@NickyColman
18th September 2005, 04:24 PM
I thought id post two pics for comparison, the first was taken by my SonyEricsson S700i back in January.

The SonyEricsson has a 1.3 megapixel lense that uses the same technology as a Sony CyberShot camera.

The second was taken today, by my my 2 megapixel Nokia N90 using Carl Zeiss lenses.

See the 0.7 megapixel difference?

@NickyColman
18th September 2005, 06:31 PM
And heres a shot from my Nokia 6680 taken today.

Just thought id give everyone an insight in the differences in camera technology. :D

@NickyColman
18th September 2005, 09:03 PM
And heres an example of close up mode with the N90

Hands0n
19th September 2005, 04:30 PM
The main diff I see between the two is that the S700i has some loss of focus in the image away from centre towards the edges. A bit of astigmatism perhaps? The resolution on the N90, by comparison, is crystal clear across the entire viewable area.

khaled191171
16th October 2006, 07:39 PM
Well, after about 5 minutes of carefull thinking and the use of top notch bartering skills, I gave in and bought myself the Nokia N90! Yes, thats right I am now the proud owner of the latest Nokia flagship phone!

I will be doing a full review on the beauty that is the N90 in the next couple of days, but for the time being I thought id upload some pics taken by my lovely N90!

Enjoy.

*note - a few pictures have a slight blurr in the top left hand corner, this is down to the fact i was determined to keep the camera sticker on for as long as possible!

but i want n90 software update

Ben
16th October 2006, 11:43 PM
Best take the handset to your local Nokia service centre. Welcome to Talk3G!