View Full Version : Nokia 6680 Settings Wizard

Hands0n
29th August 2005, 12:39 AM
Found this while having a bit of a browse around the Nokia website which says

Configure your phone to use MMS, GPRS, internet and email in a few simple steps. Start the application and select the required settings. The SettingWizard detects your networks operator and saves the correct settings to the phone. Easy!

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,76742,00.html?model=6680

Wizards for other phone models also, no doubt.

Ben
29th August 2005, 02:01 AM
Brilliant, isn't it? It comes installed by default on unbranded Series 60 handsets. My 6680 automatically applied the correct settings for Orange, Vodafone and Three just from me inserting the USIM. It's a prime example of how a complicated phone can actually serve to make things simpler.

MORPH
29th August 2005, 09:30 AM
Finally was able to set my phone to retrieve my gmail email! Been trying to manually configure for ages with no success, this did it within seconds! :)

Hands0n
29th August 2005, 09:41 AM
Nokia support like this puts not only the other manufacturers but even the mobile ops into the shade of the other field entirely! A blinding white light for others to aspire to.

I had similarly successful results for my N-Gage with Nokia's on-line configuration service. Answer a few questions on their web form, seconds later an SMS Service Message is received that correctly configured the handset when Orange's own facility could not! Nokia 1 Orange 0 which is a pit 'cos I think Orange lead the pack in that aspect.

@Morph - great stuff, that is an excellent result. Oh, and welcome to Talk3G, nice to see you on here.