View Full Version : Nokia 6680 clock

3g-g
29th August 2005, 12:45 AM
Righty, I've been looking through the phone for ages and can't figure it out. Seeing as I'm a bit of a 6680 virgin/novice I thought I'd open it to all of you to help me!

When I got the phone I was in such a rush to start playing. It came out the box, the instructions got flung to the side, the SIM went in, I started the phone up, quickly put the date and time in without reading the screen and I'm now where I am.. the problem.

The phone thinks it's in Abu Dabi, thats GMT+4 as it says on my home clock screen. Nothing I can find will let me tell it that it should read London/Edinburgh as it's home city. I can add cities in the next tab along, however it won't let me set these as home. Help!

In anticipation of a 6680 guru.

MORPH
29th August 2005, 09:34 AM
Try....going into office - clock - press the right navi-key and if Abu- Dhabi is listed, press options then remove.

MORPH
30th August 2005, 08:10 AM
Did it work?

3g-g
30th August 2005, 03:00 PM
No, that didn't. It doesn't give me the option to select a city.. In fact, the clock is off the main menu on my handset, not within the office folder! What I've done is this. I set the phone to automaticly update the time, it reset, and now it says GMT +1, for summer time I presume, and it seems to be ok!... Very wierd. However, if I remove the autoupdate thingymabob it goes back to Abu-Dabi!

Ben
30th August 2005, 03:14 PM
Whack the battery out for 10 minutes or so... should be enough to make it forget the time. Otherwise you'll just have to leave auto update on I guess! I have auto update on mine... but also mine doesn't think it's in Abu-Dabi ;)

Um... back up to your memory card first just incase :D Tools > Memory > Options > Backup phone mem.

cyberkid999
30th August 2005, 08:23 PM
No, that didn't. It doesn't give me the option to select a city.. In fact, the clock is off the main menu on my handset, not within the office folder! What I've done is this. I set the phone to automaticly update the time, it reset, and now it says GMT +1, for summer time I presume, and it seems to be ok!... Very wierd. However, if I remove the autoupdate thingymabob it goes back to Abu-Dabi!

on the 6630 you select the right key in clock and then options and then add city.