View Full Version : New 3 Uk Tariffs coming - 1st Sept 2005

3GScottishUser
30th August 2005, 10:14 AM
Looks like 3 UK are set to revamp their tariffs on the above date.

The older 'VideoTalk' tariffs are set to be discontinued but existing customers will be able to retain them if they choose.

The new tarriffs are very similar to Vodafone's 3G Hero offerings with bundled video minutes, voice, texts and content. The number of voice minutes have been substantially reduced with 200 X/Net mins set to cost £25/month, pretty much in line with all the other networks.

3 have had a hard slog trying to encourage use of their services and by bundling those and videocalls with packages they will be able to claim much greater proportions of non-voice revenues.

The above is significant as for the first time the 3 have decided to pitch their product at a similar price level to their compeditors. This could mean they are more confident about the quality of their service winning customers but we will only know for sure when the promotoional discounts to attract new users is revealed.

Talk & Text packages look to remain for the time being but will have to be promoted with video add-on's to afford dealers the highest commission rates.

gorilla
1st September 2005, 11:18 AM
So what do we all think of these new tariffs?
I like them. I know they have reduced the amount of minutes, but I am impressed that they have bundled video calls, increased their text allowance and thrown in £5 of content as well.

3GScottishUser
1st September 2005, 11:53 AM
Full details are now available form the 3 UK website.

http://www.three.co.uk/priceplans/paymonplans.omp