View Full Version : Virgin Radio Problems

dgilbert2
31st August 2005, 09:05 AM
Is anyone else unable to play Virgin Radio on a 6680 now?

Mine says "Connecting", "logging in", "Updating" and then shuts down. (Was working fine until yesterday)

I've not seen "updating" before so not sure if the server has a problem at their end or if its a software update thats failing on the 6680's?

3GScottishUser
31st August 2005, 09:32 AM
Is'nt using 3G an expensive way to listen to the Wireless?

Tip: A walkman type DAB radio can now be bought for just about £40 if you shop around. If you listen regularly this might prove a cheaper option.

Ben
31st August 2005, 10:38 AM
Btw the same happens for me - they've gone and broken it!

3GSU - I do agree, but it is very handy to be able to stream something to the handset when it's all you've got on you and you're incredibly bored. It definitely has cool factor!

dgilbert2
31st August 2005, 08:02 PM
For information I've now got this sorted. I was using version 2.0 of the software but now upgraded to 2.50 from HERE (http://www.sydusmobile.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15) . (Sydusmobile web site).

3GSU, thanks for your comment but I like to consider the new Smart Phones as a "Multimedia" centre in your pocket. Saves carrying round a separate TV, radio, Camera, Telephone, Music Player, video camera, tictation machine, calculator, diary etc when on the move.

Yes the technology has a long way to go to work properly (eg TV!!) but you get my thought process. :)

whatleydude
31st August 2005, 08:22 PM
Cheers for that link chap - I'm just off to get my copy..
:)

Ben
31st August 2005, 09:52 PM
Mhm, Virgin site is still the 2.0 version. Can you attached 2.5 to a post on this thread? The link requires registration :(

Thanks!

whatleydude
1st September 2005, 06:33 AM
Mhm, Virgin site is still the 2.0 version. Can you attached 2.5 to a post on this thread? The link requires registration :(

Thanks!

There you go mate!
:)

gorilla
1st September 2005, 11:29 AM
It would be nice to be able to contribute something constructive to this thread, but no I can't coz I'm on three. :mad: (shuffles off to the corner sobbing, to reach for his portable radio since nokia failed to include fm on the 6680) :(

dgilbert2
1st September 2005, 08:20 PM
Sounds from other threads that you WILL be able to contribute soon :)