View Full Version : Vodafone live abroad

Denyo1977
3rd September 2005, 09:55 PM
Anyone else had the joy of being charged for browsing Vodafone live abroad? A friend had a look at his bill online and it seems like he has been charged. And yes, he used Vodafone (Germany).

Ben
3rd September 2005, 10:40 PM
Yikes! Vodafone's billing really sucks, but I daresay they'll efficiently straighten it all out... let us know how they get on.

3GScottishUser
4th September 2005, 09:48 AM
Call them and they should sort it out. Have the URL of the page handy where they describe the offer. Vodafone CSA's dont always have the details to hand biut will act to refund inaccurate charging instantly.

I have been using 'Live' abroad quite a bit recently and have had no charges so far, but I'll be keeping my eye on them as I have had other billing issues.

BTW: Don't forget the free browsing only applies on Vodafone's partner networks (the ones they own).

Denyo1977
26th October 2005, 01:31 PM
Just had a look on the Vodafone homepage and the offer has been extended:

"For the promotional period 1st October 2005 to 31st March 2006 inclusive, the normal data charges of up to £10.28 per MB for downloading purchased content from live! will be waived. Note data charges for live! interactive applications such as Chat, Mail and Messenger will still apply at up to £10.28 per MB"

But does this actually mean that browsing Vodafone Live is free or only downloading purchased content (like Big Brother)? Because that is what it actually says.

Denyo1977
5th December 2005, 03:37 PM
Meanwhile I know browsing itself isn't free. Now the big question (for me): Downloading purchased content is free. Does this mean Mobile TV would be free although technically you haven't purchased it?

Ben
5th December 2005, 03:47 PM
I'd imagine Mobile TV would still be chargeable, but I guess that's a question that only Vodafone can answer. Put it to them here: https://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Page_BOS_ContactUsForm&pageID=AV_0059

You should get a reply pretty quickly... mine came within 24 hours.