View Full Version : Sat Nav Help

Sped
5th September 2005, 02:44 PM
Like alot of people i hate motorways and would love one of them tom tom's to help me along. Was just wondering if anyone had got one for their phone, is it any good, where did they get it, and which is the best place to get it from? Ive seen a few on ebay but im a bit confused on what to get, is it best to buy the card and the reciever separte?

fat jez
5th September 2005, 04:41 PM
When you buy Tomtom Mobile, all the software is supplied on the memory card, along with a bluetooth GPS device. Retail price is around the £200 mark. The deals on Ebay are almost certainly all illegal, so you'll take your chances on buying from there.

In terms of using the product, it works well, replotting the route quite quickly if you miss a turning. You can also add on the speed camera database and have it alert you to any cameras, but I wouldn't depend 100% on that!

Cheers,
Jez

cyberkid999
5th September 2005, 10:03 PM
Like alot of people i hate motorways and would love one of them tom tom's to help me along. Was just wondering if anyone had got one for their phone, is it any good, where did they get it, and which is the best place to get it from? Ive seen a few on ebay but im a bit confused on what to get, is it best to buy the card and the reciever separte?

check the reviews of most of the gps systems inc TTM at www.pocketgps.co.uk

3g-g
5th September 2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks for that link Cyberkid999, that's a pretty helpful site.

Sped, I use TomTom in my Orange SPV M1000 and it works a treat, and as far as I'm aware the versions for the 6680 are OK also, as long as you can cope with the smaller screen size. I also think the later versions of TomTom can make use of your handsets/PDA's GPRS connection to keep maps up to date etc. All in all, a worthwhile program... I can't see the need to fork out for one of the all in one stand-alone TomTom devices when they're supported on other platforms. If you do invest in a 3G handset and the TomTom equipment be sure to let us know how it performs and if it makes use of the 3G data connection.

cyberkid999
11th September 2005, 10:41 PM
just finished uploading them and theres 12 to chose from....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fox_6630/

You need to join the group then go to the files section and they are in the TomTom Voices folder....