View Full Version : 3 Network Down?

3GsINgH
5th September 2005, 07:50 PM
Hi evry1, just wanted to know if anybody else had no coverage on their 3 phone from about 2 to 6 this afternoon. I tried 3 different 3uk phones (LG 8120 NEC 616 and NOK 6630) all had no coverage during this time did anybody else experience this. I phoned 3cs and they said there was a problem with with the bandwith..or something along those lines. Could it be anything do to with the supposed opening of the garden?

Cheers

3GScottishUser
5th September 2005, 08:05 PM
There appears to have been quite a considerable outage with many reporting Unregistered SIM messages when trying to use their 2 handsets today. 3 have admitted this and have been playing a pre-recorded announcement on CS number 333.

Luckily I'm only carrying my Vodafone so I was unaffected.

Good idea bringing this to the notice of others as it could be recurring.

Ben
5th September 2005, 09:07 PM
Was this a national outage or did it only affect certain areas?

3GScottishUser
5th September 2005, 09:29 PM
Newsgroup postings and other feedback suggest a pretty widespead network collapse.

cyberkid999
5th September 2005, 10:04 PM
Newsgroup postings and other feedback suggest a pretty widespead network collapse.

I switched my 6630 onto 02 and had no such problems......

3GScottishUser
5th September 2005, 10:10 PM
Yep - so did others but for some time today there were some very seruious problems - hense the pre-recorded announcement on the 3 helpline.

gorilla
6th September 2005, 09:15 AM
I had no such problems over here. I had several texts and made a couple of calls yesterday afternoon. My phone was actually in 3g mode for once as well.

3GsINgH
7th September 2005, 06:40 PM
Was this a national outage or did it only affect certain areas?

Thanks for the replies guys glad to know it wasnt just me anyway ive got friends in birmingham and they experienced the same outtage however others in manchester had no such problems-im guessing it was a more southern based thing. Still have no idea why it happened though...any ideas?

Hands0n
8th September 2005, 12:50 AM
Probably a trainee network operator .......... "What does this button do?" Click .......... prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3g-g
8th September 2005, 01:11 AM
If it was over a larger area it's probably down to a wideband backbone transmission network outage, whatever 3rd party supplies that for them probably lost a card without redundancy.. I'd be willing to put money on NTL.

Loss of that results in no RNC-RNC communication and signalling loss, so the inability to make calls or transmit data.

cyberkid999
9th September 2005, 11:22 PM
I'd be willing to put money on NTL.

Are you sure it couldnt be a Three problem as that would please some readers....

3g-g
10th September 2005, 12:19 AM
No, I'd very much doubt it, the fact that such a large area was affected would suggest a 3rd party supplier problem, it's happened to the other big networks before, both Vodafone and Orange have had issues in the past, not necessarily with NTL, if that's who even supply 3.

Good to see that the issue was resolved quickly.