View Full Version : New Orange "online" plans

Jon3G
10th September 2005, 12:18 PM
Orange have revamped the online plan selection to give users more choice and better value for money

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/online

3GScottishUser
10th September 2005, 12:32 PM
About time too.

200 x/net mins and 100 texts now costs £25/month

200 x/net mins and 500 texts costs £30/month.

I can see the latter appealing to a lot of text addicts.

BTW: Students get 1000 SMS a month free and 50% off calls to landlines on all their plans. Useful!

Ben
10th September 2005, 01:47 PM
I was looking at these a little while ago now, and I should have posted but to be honest I found them rather underwhelming.

For a start, the lowest line rental available is £20. That gives, if taken very basically, minutes at 10p/min and texts at 10p/msg. For £20 you could also use 100 minutes and 100 texts on Easy Mobile PAYG. Orange's tariff offering is uninspiring compared to Three's and Vodafone's IMHO and they're still not offering SIM-Only contracts or PAYG 3G. These offers are also only in the 'pay monthly new customers' section, and Nokia 6680 will set you back £129.99 on the lowest one.

Ok, criticism over. The option of selecting how many texts you want is good, and as per usual the Orange website is extremely clear and easy to use. It's progress.

3GScottishUser
10th September 2005, 07:37 PM
Dont forget that Orange are also running some 1/2 price deals and additional offers in tandem.

They dont seem too keen to move far from the 'standard' that has been the norm for some years.

It would be interesting if they did some bundling and came up with something like the Vodafone 'Hero' and 3 VT&T offerings.