View Full Version : Moto V980 Vs V975 price difference.

3GScottishUser
11th September 2005, 12:24 PM
These two handsets look very similar.

Both seem to have the same specification so I suspect the branding and some slight cosmetic touchs are the only difference.

There is now one major difference if you want one of these on PAYG.... the price!!

On 3 the V975 costs £249.99 with a £30 top-up included (Three website or Argos)

On Vodafone the V980 costs £ 79.99 when bought with a £20 top-up from CPW or £89.99 from Vodafone On-Line.

Taking the basic prices minus top-up's V975 @ £219.99 - V980 @ £79.99 = £140 Difference = a lot of top-up's and with Stop the Clock available on Vodafone PAYG = a lot of off-peak x/net mins per £.

Competition seems to have arrived on PAYG 3G at last.

3GsINgH
11th September 2005, 12:55 PM
Looks like the days of heavily subsidised 3 handsets is over. Was recently in a 3point and saw the nec 338 for £220ish and the LG u8120 for £214!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: When asking the man why he said it was to stop people buying bucketloads and sending them off abroad but wont it just stop people buying them all together? 3s payandgo pricing strategy at the moment seems to be mad. :D

3GScottishUser
11th September 2005, 01:12 PM
I have seen refurb LG's going for £59 with a £15 top-up and the NEC e338 is stil available at about £84.99 from CPW and Argos. (Its a NEC mind you!!)

Box breaking seems to have caused a kneejerk price reaction which I agree will have the effect of disuading customers from buying overall.

3 cheers to Vodafone for this gem of a deal, although being realistic I suspect they will have had lots of stock of this model and know that it is not really a great optiion as a contract offering.

3GsINgH
11th September 2005, 02:17 PM
CPW still stock the NEC? I havent seen it in the catalogue for a while now and yes that is WAY too much for a phone of its spec and brand name! The v980 has been dropping price each month. Voda did the same to the e1000 on payand go it was £130 until they ran out of stock...they could be clearing stock for the new motos on their way near xmas

cyberkid999
11th September 2005, 04:23 PM
These two handsets look very similar.

Both seem to have the same specification so I suspect the branding and some slight cosmetic touchs are the only difference.

one major difference apart from the spun stainless steel front on the v975 is the internal memory- its only 2meg on the voda badged V980 whereas my Three badged V975 has 16meg although both are expandable with transflash but 2 meg is a bit poor and doesnt really go far.

3GScottishUser
11th September 2005, 04:33 PM
Agreed 2MB is'nt that much but OK for the resoloution of the camera for some phohos.

Transflash is pretty cheap now so I dare say £20 would cure this and bring it up to a respectable 128MB?

BTW: Removable flashcards like Transflash are a great way to transfer files easily. I use Transflash in my Samsung and just throw the card into my multi-card reader - much easier and faster than messing about with cables or waiting for Bluetooth.

cyberkid999
11th September 2005, 07:36 PM
Transflash is pretty cheap now so I dare say £20 would cure this and bring it up to a respectable 128MB?

Ive just got a Sandisk 256mb for less than £20 from Picstop and that inc postage.

3GScottishUser
11th September 2005, 07:57 PM
There you go.... even better. 256MB for £20 would give users a lot of picture space. I suspect quite a lot of MP3's would also fit on too. Amazing what a little extra buys and what a difference that can make to the user experience.

Good Find.